Ashes of Creation

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didnt know anything about this "land management" score being implemented. Never really played Ultima Online for than a handful of minutes. How did people know if someone was in their node harvesting shit, and was able to identify that it was friend or foe? Were people just scouting all the time, or?...

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, we find out that the rogue will not be available for the start of Alpha 2. I am guessing both the rogue and the summoner will not make the start. Alpha 2 is going to last a long time.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Still nothing but vaporware. I see this get bumped and hope for real news. Never get any. No game should take this long. Star Citizen is the same way. Milking for money on vaporware. They have changed engines twice now and blamed that for delays. Now they are prepping to change engines again...
Tired of this.

Wasted more money on this hoping a game will come out, than for any, maybe even every bad MMO combined I have played over the last 20 years.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, we find out that the rogue will not be available for the start of Alpha 2. I am guessing both the rogue and the summoner will not make the start. Alpha 2 is going to last a long time.
I wish he would be more direct on what the challenge is for the Rogue. Im curious if theyre having internal debates about how to handle Stealth, and what other classes can do to find stealthed characters etc. Or maybe its a discourse on weapons and how each weapon tree is going to affect the Rogue tree? Maybe? Fk if I know. But I doubt we'll know anything until they are ready.

Still nothing but vaporware. I see this get bumped and hope for real news. Never get any. No game should take this long. Star Citizen is the same way. Milking for money on vaporware. They have changed engines twice now and blamed that for delays. Now they are prepping to change engines again...
Tired of this.

Wasted more money on this hoping a game will come out, than for any, maybe even every bad MMO combined I have played over the last 20 years.
Everyones said 2026/2027 for the last ~3 years or so, now.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Before that it 2020 for 4 years, then 2022, 2023, 2024 all in a six month span in 2020, then its 2026 maybe 2027... No it's never. Sorry they got over 400 from me early on. I was suckered. I admitted it. It's vaporware because as soon as it's real close to another dead line they will change engines and need to rework everything a 4th time.

And just so we are clear. I like everything I have seen from them for the most part. And that makes it more frustrating knowing it will never be a real game. I really wanted to play it for 7 years. Then this past year I admitted the truth to myself, it's vaporware. Hell I have more faith that Pantheon will come out before 2030 than this game ever. And if they prove me wrong and put it out... I will be more surprised than if I won the lottery without playing the lottery.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
They have stated many times that A2 will start sometimes in Q3 this year, and just recently they said A2 launch is on schedule. Q3 starts in July 1 and ends Sept 30. So.. sometime within the next 15 weeks. We will all find out soon enough.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vaporware;

software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

A person could have purchased the Alpha 1 and played it as the Alpha 1 was advertised.

You could have bought into Alpha 2 and will soon be able to play the Alpha 2 as it will be advertised. Many games change as they are developed but that does not make them vaporware.

The question will be how well will the game be accepted once it goes to full release. Since the NDA is lifted on Alpha 2, people will have plenty of time to judge the progress of the game as it moves along. The game is progressing along and appears to be progressing in a positive way so far. I cannot really ask for more than that, as games take a lot to create nowadays.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Tired of this.

I have played Pantheon with my friends

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I wouldnt worry about AOC just play BDO it's the same thing.

Name a concept AOC is doing thay a brand-new concept... nodes you say play civilization by Sid Meier.