Dark Matter

Juvarisx

Florida
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Dark Matter

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2024-05-07

Creator: Blake Crouch

Cast: Joel Edgerton, Jennifer Connelly, Alice Braga, Jimmi Simpson, Oakes Fegley, Dayo Okeniyi

Overview: Jason Dessen is abducted into an alternate version of his life. To get back to his true family, he embarks on a harrowing journey to save them from the most terrifying foe imaginable: himself.

Juvarisx

Florida
Maybe one of my favorite books in the past 10 or so years. Apple really pushing on the SciFi genre always makes me happy, this looks fantastic, the author is the show runner and it looks incredibly faithful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
oh nice the book was pretty damn neat and thats a great cast

multiverse is still hot i guess, but this version is imo the closest to what the real infinite multiverse is like than the shitty 2 to few dozen multiverses of MCU etc

and yeah RIP syfy dark matter, you were great. i think its actually on netflix 100% worth a watch, very early 2000s Stargate SG1 vibe show

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Comes out soon, cant wait - also i miss SciFi Dark Matter - rip, that hair.

spronk

FPS noob
first 2 episodes are out, probably will wait till the entire season (9 episodes just like severance) with the finale airing June 26th.

metacritic is currently 74% RT and 76% user score so not doing crazy good numbers, usually means i'd probably like it though. also helps that Jennifer Connelly seems to be a co-star and i'll watch anything with her in it

• 1Solidarity

velk

Trakanon Raider
I thought it was good, but not great. I know where the story is going from the book though, so probably a bit more suspense etc if you are coming into it fresh.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
First episode reminded me of the show with J Jonah Jameson from a few years back where he played the nerdy wuss in one universe and the badass spy type guy in the second universe and they switched places.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
First episode reminded me of the show with J Jonah Jameson from a few years back where he played the nerdy wuss in one universe and the badass spy type guy in the second universe and they switched places.

Counterpart was really good.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
I read the book, this pace is going to be a one and done which is probably a good thing but it makes it kind of slowish to start. If you are not familiar with the source material you may want to binge it because the story goes bonkers.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database