EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
All this talk about Veeshan's Peak reminded me that the Ring of Scale expansion (level 106-110) has VP as its final zone. It functions as both OW group content and a raid instance (most endgame zones are like that after a certain point). This VP revival is interesting because they re-did the zone, so it looks much more modern and has a slightly different layout.

The bosses are Hoshkar, Silverwing, Xygoz, Talendor. You see, Talendor leveled up at some point between OG Kunark and level 110 Kunark and became the new leader of the Ring of Scale. It was kind of cool to have the big final boss of an expansion be your basic D&D giant red dragon, but also he ended up being one of the easiest final bosses of any expansion and we one-shotted him with no testing. For whatever reason Talendor escapes, I guess because they were planning on doing more Kunark and having him involved, but it didn't happen.

A couple expansions later in the Velious remake, they kinda turn Talendor into a joke by having Zlandicar fuse with him to form a two-headed monstrosity (which Talendor wants no part of, but he's basically just a head at that point and can do little besides complain). Said two-headed dragon was probably the coolest mob they've designed in the last I don't even know how many expansions.

As for the other dragons, I think Phara Dar was eliminated during OG Kunark, since the Ring didn't have a leader before Talendor stepped up. Gorenaire is a boss earlier in the ROS expansion. There's no sign of Severilous, Trakanon, Nexona, or Druushk. Unsure if they were slain in OG Kunark or being saved for something else that never came. I figured they were gonna do a third Kunark remake expansion, since they left pretty much exactly one third of Kunark unmade, including Sebilis, and we'd see those four show up there. Alas, that didn't happen. We're missing the other half of The Burning Lands, as well.

Fuckin’ spoiler alert, bro.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
All this talk about Veeshan's Peak reminded me that the Ring of Scale expansion (level 106-110) has VP as its final zone. It functions as both OW group content and a raid instance (most endgame zones are like that after a certain point). This VP revival is interesting because they re-did the zone, so it looks much more modern and has a slightly different layout.

The bosses are Hoshkar, Silverwing, Xygoz, Talendor. You see, Talendor leveled up at some point between OG Kunark and level 110 Kunark and became the new leader of the Ring of Scale. It was kind of cool to have the big final boss of an expansion be your basic D&D giant red dragon, but also he ended up being one of the easiest final bosses of any expansion and we one-shotted him with no testing. For whatever reason Talendor escapes, I guess because they were planning on doing more Kunark and having him involved, but it didn't happen.

A couple expansions later in the Velious remake, they kinda turn Talendor into a joke by having Zlandicar fuse with him to form a two-headed monstrosity (which Talendor wants no part of, but he's basically just a head at that point and can do little besides complain). Said two-headed dragon was probably the coolest mob they've designed in the last I don't even know how many expansions.

As for the other dragons, I think Phara Dar was eliminated during OG Kunark, since the Ring didn't have a leader before Talendor stepped up. Gorenaire is a boss earlier in the ROS expansion. There's no sign of Severilous, Trakanon, Nexona, or Druushk. Unsure if they were slain in OG Kunark or being saved for something else that never came. I figured they were gonna do a third Kunark remake expansion, since they left pretty much exactly one third of Kunark unmade, including Sebilis, and we'd see those four show up there. Alas, that didn't happen. We're missing the other half of The Burning Lands, as well.
VP in RoS is one of my favorite all time grouping zones.

I wish they'd have a zone at the end of every expansion that was basically a recycled old-world zone with a bunch of tough ass mobs intended for strong groups that dropped some unique stuff with the intent that people would go through it a few times per character.

TheRealmOnline

Bronze Squire
Wait a minute, I remember this, or at least I remember Leycow and I remember hearing something about this happening, didn't know it was him. I was on the TT server at the time too. Leycow is the guide that showed up and gave me my JBoots after Hasten Bootstrutter ate my quest items (still, to this day, I don't know why or how that happened, except maybe that I'd killed a bunch of Ak'anon guards for EXP before that)

Can other casters bind-rush solo effectively? Every time I hear about anyone bind-rushing a mob (Faydedar, Fear mobs, etc) it's always a Druid. With teleports and SoW they would have the easiest time escaping from a bind situation that goes bad, I guess. But I would think a Wizard could do this same thing with considerably more effectiveness, as they can do a lot more damage with their 20% mana. A Shaman could too by dropping EB (long as the mob didn't die while they were dead, probably too risky).

Good luck, couple years ago I tried a Ranger SSF and tapped out around level 5 because it was incredibly slow and boring. Gotta have Zaide patience to pull that kind of thing off. Paladin is probably a more fun class to do a SSF with as well.
As long as you can bind to not have mob reset, any caster with strong DoT can use the perk to effectively solo group/multi group content. Druid has fast cast SoW which let's them kite for extra dot damage and less deaths.

Also DoT is needed to kinda keep the mob in combat between death transition so it doesn't begin regen. I think a wizard could still do it, but not nearly as effective as DoT classes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
VP in RoS is one of my favorite all time grouping zones.

I wish they'd have a zone at the end of every expansion that was basically a recycled old-world zone with a bunch of tough ass mobs intended for strong groups that dropped some unique stuff with the intent that people would go through it a few times per character.

Agreed on VP. They did the same thing with Nu NTOV several expansions later. It's full of rare nameds (a lot of dragons that didn't get raid versions, like Vyemm and Dagarn) that are designed for very strong groups and drop really good stuff. Hardly anyone actually EXPed in there on Phinny (probably because by then there were only 3 or so regular power-gamer groups on the server, plus a couple 6-boxers. So VP and NTOV are both kind of private elite group-content zones at that stage which is nice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
As long as you can bind to not have mob reset, any caster with strong DoT can use the perk to effectively solo group/multi group content. Druid has fast cast SoW which let's them kite for extra dot damage and less deaths.

Also DoT is needed to kinda keep the mob in combat between death transition so it doesn't begin regen. I think a wizard could still do it, but not nearly as effective as DoT classes.

Oh that makes sense. Sounds like something necro and shaman could do more effectively than druid, in any case. Kinda want to try it now. Might do an SK bind rush of a certain epic mob that resides in a certain town and see how that goes with Boil Blood.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
How do you go about creating a new EQ account without attaching an email address & CC? I can't remember.

Last edited: