Factorio

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There is a Data set you need for Material science later, you are literally throwing full trains at Iridium Girders and taking the Stress data you get from that for material science.

You get so much scrap out of that 1 Data set, that if you don't have a robust enough scrap processing setup, it will choke the whole factory.
This conversion is so high volume it's basically iridite -> iron/copper/heavy oil alchemy that impacts your need for iron/copper/oil.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Never played krastorio or SE, but is there a reason why your trains are that short ? I usually try to have a t leas 6-8 wagons in the original game, is there some super wagon there or there is so few items built that you can't wait for a full train to load ?
I also started with 1-4 trains. Switched everything to 1-1 a little bit before unlocking the space elevator. For me it was because trying to figure out city blocks with massive input resources accommodating 1-4 trains was stupid. For instance, I've got multiple blocks that have 7-9 inputs into them. I can cram them into a feeder city block to the production one really well. Trying to fit 1-4 trains though? Yeah, not going to happen.

I also do still end up with quite a few traffic jams that are a giant pain to clear out. Adding even longer trains would make that a nightmare.

For instance, this is what my feeder blocks for my space sciences look like.

Fluids:

Untitled.png

Materials:

Untitled.png

I've got one of the fluid blocks for each of the 5 sciences (material, energy, astronomic, biologic, deep space), and 3 material blocks to truck in everything I need, which is then transported by robots. There are also hybrid ones that I have for making the space fluids that truck in materials and fluids from Nauvis.

Compartmentalizing everything and using 1-1 trains really made everything easier. Like with iron plates, I just have a single block with the bottom half being train stations (ore in, pyroflux in, plates out), and the top being the processing part. Bigger trains mean I need either much larger city blocks, or using two blocks for one resource. And 4k iron plates lasts a long time pretty much everywhere. And if it doesn't, well, I've got like 30 1-1 trains so fuck it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, and I'm only on 10 planets.

Nauvis
nOrbit
Outposts for holmium, cryonite, iridite/vulcanite, beryl, vitamelange, the asteroid belt, star orbit, and naquitite.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I recently added a 2nd wagon to my trains, but it's caused some issues w/ my jank lines and there can be some stuck conditions that never alert so probably go back to one, lol.

Added six more recyclers and reworked my scrap setup, a little more under control now 🤣

Oh, and:

1715038300531.png

Another step towards starships and space elevators. Probably work on Material 2 next.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm sure the answer is 'git gud' but... how are you guys managing what resources are needed where for your factories across the different surfaces? Just complex circuit setups so they intelligently request things, simplifying the endpoints you need to supply?

Take Nauvis Orbit for example - right now, i'm clicking around to various requestor chests and looking at the logistic listings to see what i need to resupply and then throwing chunks of that in a rocket. Obviously this is more and more work as I expand orbit more and more and I am sure to properly do this I should be more organized and more standardized in how I am delivering things to different points of the base rather than what I'm doing now... shooting it or cargo rocketing it to orbit in chunks and then using inserters to send it to different provider chests (most raw resources) or directly to their intended destinations (like barrels of specific liquids to their designated assembler). I figure for Nauvis Orbit in particular, this will be my life until we get to the space elevator and then that may change everything as cargo transiting to/from orbit is simplified and can be done via rail?

I take it city blocks are one approach, so you are setting up the bock with automated inputs and outputs and your rail network then handles the inputs and outputs for each block?

Presumably I could look at the logistic network and just note which resources are vital and compare that result. Based on my limited experience with cybersyn I can probably set something up to tell me that we have more or less of each resource than I'd like?

For cross-surface automation, so far I've only just setup one transmitter/receiver and cannon, which just makes sure a box doesn't fall below a certain level of iron plates. That's pretty much it so far though when it comes to full automation :emoji_laughing: .

Man, this has been a fun run. Hope we can finish it and take enough of a break to restart when the official stuff releases.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I went with delivery cannons. Rockets just became too annoying. I processed everything into ingots (or vulcanite blocks) on the outpost and sent them with delivery cannons.

Think I had like 7 receivers/cannons for vulcanite blocks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Last time I played there was no Space Elevator, and even the basic Space Faring automation was very very very basic.

They have absolutely added tons of QoL with having better ships with circuit conditions. And the SE that thing just makes me wanna play again .. But not really no time =/

Last edited: