Fallout

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
So... I enjoyed the show insomuch as it made me want to play the games again. And Goggins is fucking awesome in everything.

That being said, they went Full Retard with the dialogue. Make his penis explode? Really? Anyhow, they went full retard, I said as much, and the wife goes, "Maybe it's all the incest." I married Sherlock Fucking Holmes.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This thread should show how popular the show is.

I don't even know the whole New Vegas meme shit but the downloads for the games is pretty ridiculous. Now theyre trying to push/rush another game insanely quick

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
There is a whole lot of stupid in this show; plot holes, conveniences, plot armour, inconsistent characters, inconsistent power armour capabilities, etc., etc..
However, I never felt like the show was insulting the audience or fans of the game. Quite the opposite in the case of the latter.
Felt like the show tried to be respectful of the lore and world while still trying to make something somewhat fresh for both the gamer and non-gamer audience.
We all had fun watching it and look forward to a new season.
I managed to watch all 8 episodes without playing with my phone or ipad, that's rare.

Is it perfect? Fuck no, but it isn't disrespectful to the fans of the game in spite of some of the changes made and that is huge step up from most other adaptations out there.
The only thing that really bothered me was, once again, all white males are portrayed as either evil, morons, and/or cowards. **tiresome.gif** However, it's not overly blatant just noticeable if you notice things like that.
Second biggest gripe; did we see an energy weapon fired once? Don't think so.

Anyways, I recommend it and my Wife and 2 sons both liked it. We had fun and for us, it's enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No matter how consistent with the lore/idea of a fallout type world the characters may be, watching adults act like children for any length of time gets annoying.

The various factions essentially raising children to be obedient, subservient dumbasses makes sense, but it's not very interesting or compelling to watch those children, as adults, drown in naievete and go through adolescence 10 years too late, over and over and over

Caliane

Is it perfect? Fuck no, but it isn't disrespectful to the fans of the game in spite of some of the changes made and that is huge step up from most other adaptations out there.
The only thing that really bothered me was, once again, all white males are portrayed as either evil, morons, and/or cowards. **tiresome.gif** However, it's not overly blatant just noticeable if you notice things like that.
I'd say thats not actually true.

Norm is shown to be smart, and courageous. if not as outwardly so as Lucy. The cousin that likes Lucy and gets with Steph, is middle of the road. had to be tranqed to prevent from going with her. but then does choose steph and following her. James spader is smart, courageous, and sacrifices himself. Thaddius is shown to be smarter then max, more capable. fairly well rounded. the ghoul could count as white male.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Norm is shown to be smart, and courageous. if not as outwardly so as Lucy. The cousin that likes Lucy and gets with Steph, is middle of the road. had to be tranqed to prevent from going with her. but then does choose steph and following her. James spader is smart, courageous, and sacrifices himself. Thaddius is shown to be smarter then max, more capable. fairly well rounded. the ghoul could count as white male.

They are setting up Norm and Chet to be the reluctant heroes of Vault 33. Norm hides during the first fight, is humiliated by it, and then finds ways to be courageous for the rest of the season. Chet is middle of the road, but you can see his hesitation to action even in his last scene when Norm calls him a coward and he responds that every vault dweller is a coward. He is going to save Norm from 31 next season, guaranteed, and I bet they both go out searching for Lucy to tell her the truth or to go find a replacement water chip. If the show runners are smart they will use that duo as a true second plotline to the main trio. However, I have no confidence in them to actually deliver on the potential of those two in the slightest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

James Spader?

Cybsled

Sentry gun missing every shot 10 feet away from its target is pretty lulz.

It’s probably the sentry you can build in your base Fallout 76 - doesn’t acquire targets, doesn’t kill anything, and super mutants with pipe pistols destroy it

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

i assumed boys or reacher would be #1 but its rings of girl power

Small sample number, but every Prime member I know IRL who watched this snagged the season on bittorrent or something similar since the inclusion of the ads even to us paying members. So the numbers are probably a lot higher. It was good timing as we randomly lost internet that day

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Small sample number, but every Prime member I know IRL who watched this snagged the season on bittorrent or something similar since the inclusion of the ads even to us paying members. So the numbers are probably a lot higher. It was good timing as we randomly lost internet that day
Ad blocker (Ublock Origin) through a PC browser works to block their ads. If you have the ability to cast the computer screen to your main TV, then it's a decent way to get around their shitty choice to add ads.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy

Oh yeah I forgot I did that too. Waited a few hours to watch opening night til I had all the episodes downloaded.

Cybsled

Just noticed something on rewatch that makes me question the timeline

Lucy mentions the "great plague of 77" as the event that led to her mother dying. The show takes place in 2296, so a 19 year gap. Lucy has faint memories of her mother but not being in the wasteland, so we can presume she is maybe 4 or so in the flashback in the cornfield, so her character would presumably be in her early/mid 20s and Maximus is probably a similar age (maybe a bit older) as a result. However, she presumably is being told the quarantine/plague story and "recalling" that as a 2nd hand memory. The chalk board mentions the fall of Shady Sands was in 77.

New Vegas takes place in 81.

So logical conclusion

1) Hank quarantined people to avoid the general population knowing that his wife (or perhaps others) left the vault. It would also provide a cover to kill off people who knew too much. Hank was the overseer by this time. The computer entry mentions he was elected in 71, so we can presume he was in the vault before then. Since the plague is a "historical event" in the vault, other older people would remember this and support the plague story

2) Since this date would be supported by other vault dwellers, that means that Rose would have left the Vault in 2077 with the kids. While we don't know how long this "plague" story lasted, the fact Shady Sands falls in 2077 is too much of a coincidence when taken into consideration with the plague cover story.

3) Lucy's young age in Shady Sands would explain why she doesn't have clear memories. However, she doesn't remember being taken away from her mother, or a nuke, or anything like that. So unless you're dealing with some type of traumatic repressed memory stuff, we can presume her removal from Shady Sands wasn't traumatic. In the later scenario, Hank showing up and secretly taking the kids could make the most sense.

4) We can assume that Hank nuked the town (or arranged for it) once he and the kids were safely away. The fact that Rose was a feral ghoul means she was probably pretty close to the blast, which means that she was still in the city or extremely close to it at the time of the nuke, which means she either had not noticed the kids were taken or at the very least she had not had a chance to pursue Hank for whatever reason

5) Therefore, we can conclude that Shady Sands was nuked in 2077 or maybe 2078 at the latest, which fucks with the New Vegas timeline