GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
From what I recall, King's dad ran off when he was very young and never met him. He spent a lot of time at his uncle/grandfather's home and would search through their attic and he discovered some of his dad's old stuff/photos and that's all he has to remeber him by. Whatever the real reason, King enjoys inserting that weird stuff in his books. He thinks black people and giant retards have the world all figured out.
M-o-o-n! That spells pedophile!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Steven King sometimes posts left wing shit on Twitter so we have to hate him now.
You guys are so one note that it is silly.

I invite you to go read the decades-old comments in any King related thread on this board. They follow the exact same pattern which is:
  • His early stuff when he was out of his mind on drugs is great to amazing for the most part
  • He has always had a massive problem writing a worthwhile ending
  • His short stories are his best work
  • His work from the mid 2000s on has been atrocious
  • His Twitter activity from the mid 2010s on has been so egregious that even his former fans have turned on him
Every thread, every time. Even though his just being a loudmouth progressive faggot is plenty reason enough for him to be hated, none of the current criticism has anything to do with it. Oh, except maybe the pedo stuff but that is just because we've become excellent at noticing as we grow the fuck up.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You know something, if I'm not mistaken his son's first book Heart-Shaped box had an abusive dad figure in it, Vietnam vet ghost dad. I haven't read it in a long time, and despite it being a pretty decent novel, there are a lot of similar themes that his dad uses.

I guess the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Stephen's dad probably molested him, and the cycled continued with him molesting his own son. Tale as old as time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Stephen's dad probably molested him, and the cycled continued with him molesting his own son. Tale as old as time.
Someone already posted that his dad ran away. Sounds like his uncle or grandfather.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Why, God, why do I still participate in this message board?

Writing stories with characters who are abused in various ways does not mean you are a pedophile. If you're paying attention, kids being abused by their dad's isn't exactly rare. If you're writing tons of books about fucked up, crazy people you would obviously make a lot of them victims of abuse. It's probably the #1 reason that fucked up, crazy people exist.

There's a YouTube channel "Soft White Underbelly" where a guy interviews street people, sex workers, drug addicts, murderers, child molesters, etc. Go check it out and see what percentage of them were molested as kids. If you don't want to I'll tell you. It's not 100% but it might as well be.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Someone already posted that his dad ran away. Sounds like his uncle or grandfather.
King was born in Portland, Maine, on September 21, 1947. His father, Donald Edwin King, a traveling vacuum salesman after returning from World War II, was born in Indiana with the surname Pollock, changing it to King as an adult.[10] King's mother was Nellie Ruth King (née Pillsbury).[11] His parents were married in Scarborough, Maine, on July 23, 1939. They lived with Donald's family in Chicago before moving to Croton-on-Hudson, New York.[12] King's parents returned to Maine towards the end of World War II, living in a modest house in Scarborough. He is of Scots-Irish descent.[13]

When King was two, his father left the family. His mother raised him and his older brother David by herself, sometimes under great financial strain. They moved from Scarborough and depended on relatives in Chicago, Illinois; Croton-on-Hudson; West De Pere, Wisconsin; Fort Wayne, Indiana; Malden, Massachusetts; and Stratford, Connecticut.[14] When King was 11, his family moved to Durham, Maine, where his mother cared for her parents until their deaths. After that, she became a caregiver in a local residential facility for the mentally challenged.

King says he started writing when he was "about six or seven, just copying panels out of comic books and then making up my own stories... Film was also a major influence. I loved the movies from the start. So when I started to write, I had a tendency to write in images because that was all I knew at the time."[15] King was a voracious reader in his youth: "I read everything from Nancy Drew to Psycho. My favorite was The Shrinking Man, by Richard Matheson — I was 8 when I found that."[16] King recalls his sudden realization of what he wanted to do for a living: while browsing through an attic with his elder brother, he discovered a box of their father's books: "The box I found that day was a treasure trove of old Avon paperbacks... The pick of the litter, however, was an H. P. Lovecraft collection from 1947 called The Lurking Fear and Other Stories... I was on my way. Lovecraft—courtesy of my father—opened the way for me."[17]

Chris

Potato del Grande
Writing stories with characters who are abused in various ways does not mean you are a pedophile. If you're paying attention, kids being abused by their dad's isn't exactly rare. If you're writing tons of books about fucked up, crazy people you would obviously make a lot of them victims of abuse. It's probably the #1 reason that fucked up, crazy people exist.
Yeah, like just because Stephen King has a trope where an author is run over by a car, doesn't mean that Stephen King is an author or that he got run over by a car.

There's a YouTube channel "Soft White Underbelly" where a guy interviews street people, sex workers, drug addicts, murderers, child molesters, etc. Go check it out and see what percentage of them were molested as kids. If you don't want to I'll tell you. It's not 100% but it might as well be.
This is the exact argument that's being made though. He's writing about it enough that he's a likely victim, especially with his drug problem?

I don't think it shows he's a perpatrator though.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Why, God, why do I still participate in this message board?

Women ABUSE children more often than men do.

Men SEXUALLY abuse more often than women do.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Women ABUSE children more often than men do.

Men SEXUALLY abuse more often than women do.
I'm not sure what this has to do with my post but I'm glad you got to share this information.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't think this thread could get any gayer but a 4 page derail about pedo faggot stephen king fucking his son or getting fucking by his uncle certainly takes the cake.

Not all pedos and faggots were molested as children but its damn near all of them, it's how they reproduce.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I didn't think this thread could get any gayer but a 4 page derail about pedo faggot stephen king fucking his son or getting fucking by his uncle certainly takes the cake.

Not all pedos and faggots were molested as children but its damn near all of them, it's how they reproduce.
this thread has been officially inactive since 2019. any further posts are just beating a dead horse. derails have no impact on an inactive TV show thread.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
this thread has been officially inactive since 2019. any further posts are just beating a dead horse. derails have no impact on an inactive TV show thread.
oh look Astr0's wrong yet again. Tell us again what makes a musical?

We were talking about this TV show (Game of Thrones) as late as Saturday, May 4th, 2024, before you faggots started the Stephen King derail.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh look Astr0's wrong yet again. Tell us again what makes a musical?

We were talking about this TV show (Game of Thrones) as late as Saturday, May 4th, 2024, before you faggots started the Stephen King derail.
you were talking about it because i bumped the thread with a GRRM post about the GoT books. the show is still over and this thread is still inactive. but thanks for contributing.