Home Improvement

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I am currently in a new house and the AC had been getting weaker. Last year the AC was working poorly and the guys who installed it came as the house itself was still under warranty. They determined that when the company installed it they didn't fully charge the system. So they corrected that and now its been getting weaker again.

Guy came today and checked it. So in fact there was a leak as well as them not charging the system. Replacing the condenser coil for the outside unit (no parts cost) is still going to be >$2000 because they have to dismantle the thing to get to it.

Am I being had here? That seems awfully fucking expensive.
It does seem like a lot. Hourly rate + expendalble materials cost? Additional quotes don't cost you anything.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have used this company before and I liked them because they didn't appear to fuck around with me.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hold old is the unit and how old is the warranty? I'd also look and see if there's been any issues with that model. I had a similar issue with my Civic and when I researched it, even though the warranty expired, they ended up extending the warranty due to the issue, so I'd check on that. If I didn't research I would have assumed the warranty just expired and I would have to pay out of pocket.