Let's build some pools!

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Depending on the cost to fix that, would be worth investing in one of the various types of heavy duty quick dam type set up? It would have probably still added risk (in at least that particular case), since the edge of the pool dig out is so close to the fence and your adding weight on top, but it would have prevented runoff from cutting into and eroding it. As a bonus, if they make a durable water bladder dam, you could then dump all the water into the pool when it's done.

View attachment 513425
You could probably mitigate it a bit with a cheaper option using wattles. It wouldn't have the added benefit of the water in going into the finished pool, but much cheaper overall. Although you'd still need some kind of backing if you wanted to keep ALL of the water out. These solutions only cover surface water, so if there's anything flowing under the ground it'd be a futile effort.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Depending on the cost to fix that, would be worth investing in one of the various types of heavy duty quick dam type set up? It would have probably still added risk (in at least that particular case), since the edge of the pool dig out is so close to the fence and your adding weight on top, but it would have prevented runoff from cutting into and eroding it. As a bonus, if they make a durable water bladder dam, you could then dump all the water into the pool when it's done.

View attachment 513425
Nah, like I said, the house behind it is 2' higher in elevation, nothing was stopping it. That includes all the rainwater coming off the gutters. We build 300 pools a year and might have half a dozen catastrophic cave ins out of those. If we started deploying something like that on every build we'd have to increase costs across the board which then cuts into how many pools we sell. Sometimes you just have to eat it and keep going. That's the job.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Today was interesting.
IMG_5250.jpg
IMG_5254.jpg

• 1Wow!
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
All rock, he had way too big of one in his bucket and tipped over. Just glad we didn't hit the house. Mexico is Central America sirs!

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
better question is was the lifting arm fucked up or not.
We'll see in the morning. Needs to sit overnight before trying to start it, was already throwing oil out of the exhaust when it got flipped and I made it very fucking clear if they throw oil all over that house when they start it back up it's gonna be hell to pay. It's probably ok but if not it's not my problem, they're subs.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I live up by DFW airport, that has no bearing on my questions.

Anyway, I have a salt water pool and the pentair IC40 cell is going and needs to be replaced. Do you suggest sticking with salt or just going to chlorine?

Also, I have the typical texas pool with flagstone around the pool and hottub. Could I remove this stone and have the pool resurfaced with pebble tec and wrap it up over the edges to replace the stone anD have one solid curb almost?

Thanks in advance

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I live up by DFW airport, that has no bearing on my questions.

Anyway, I have a salt water pool and the pentair IC40 cell is going and needs to be replaced. Do you suggest sticking with salt or just going to chlorine?

Also, I have the typical texas pool with flagstone around the pool and hottub. Could I remove this stone and have the pool resurfaced with pebble tec and wrap it up over the edges to replace the stone anD have one solid curb almost?

Thanks in advance
How long did your original salt cell last? If you take care of them you should get a solid 3 or 4 years per salt cell. Personally I prefer just good old tabs and shock. But with the price of chems these days it's pretty much a wash as far as how much you are going to spend salt vs chlorine so it just boils down to personal preference.

If you replaster it has to stay under water. I honestly don't know about bringing it up to where your coping is, never heard of or seen anything like that. Plaster is only 1/2" thick so if you removed your 3" coping you would have to float it up with cement/gunite/mortar before putting plaster on it. Would probably crack all over the place. Is your flagstone looking rough or what? Standard remodel on older pools is usually new plaster, new coping, and new veneer if you have any raised beams or a raised spa.

If you want to resurface your pool shoot me a PM and I'll point you in the right direction.