NBA 2023-24 Season Thread - The Lakers Lose, America Wins

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Brunson didn’t get paid because he got utterly erased in the previous playoff run. He didn’t show his real potential until their WCF run after his extension deadline passed and he was basically already in a Knicks uniform with his Dad.
Yeah, there were still questions as to whether or not Brunson was worth the extension he couls get - which I believe was $53 million, over 4 yrs? And if offered that during the first half of Dallas' WCF run, he would've signed. It really wasn't until the playoffs when Luka missed a few games against Utah, is where Brunson showed another level.

Crazy to think Dallas drafted two hall of famers in that draft, and lost one...

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Yeah, there were still questions as to whether or not Brunson was worth the extension he couls get - which I believe was $53 million, over 4 yrs? And if offered that during the first half of Dallas' WCF run, he would've signed. It really wasn't until the playoffs when Luka missed a few games against Utah, is where Brunson showed another level.

Crazy to think Dallas drafted two hall of famers in that draft, and lost one...
Whoaaaah. Might need to pump the brakes on Brunson lol. He's having a great year but little early to enshrine him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Mmmf. Luca on the struggle bus again in 1st half. 1-4 from FTs, missing open looks, caught dribbling too much and turning it over or jump balls. Foul trouble too for the bigs. Spells trouble for 2nd half if they don't improve shooting %.

Thank God the Stars are destroying the Avs.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Whoaaaah. Might need to pump the brakes on Brunson lol. He's having a great year but little early to enshrine him.
He's going to be the #1 for years on a Knicks team that will never quite be good enough - so he'll have numerous years of really "pretty" stats. I think he'll eventually get in, although it's certainly way too early too definitively.

SGA gets so many foul calls, very Harden-esque... If a player is hunting contact, why do you constantly give them the benefit of the doubt.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Throws a towel at the ref, and then throws a heating bag at the ref which goes on to the floor during live play. No suspension.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Best player in the world shot 64/25/57 with a 7:4 assist to turnover ratio in a blowout win, while being guarded in large part by Justin Holiday.

It’s debatable if he’s even the best player on the Timberwolves.

Come on man, they were up 30 by the 2nd quarter, he clearly wasn't even trying much

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok. Seriously. Every year it feels like Dallas hits a buzzsaw of a team. I looked at 15 mins of the Dallas game, and I'm concluding it's that too much Luka during the season, and first round of playoffs. He's just is outta gas, and it's a wrap-a-dap. I mean dude is missing free throws.

Luka was a -21

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Luka’s efficiency has been shit the entire playoffs, but man did he ever lay an egg last night.

Dallas bigs, particularly Lively, looked shook too. Gafford missed shots and bobbled passes he usually doesn’t.

Tim Hardaway Jr. needs to be shipped to China.

Sterling

El Presidente
Denver Nuggets Dance GIF by NBA

should be 4 in a row.