• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
IYKYK

He's a good pal and gave some of the wash outs good times with ez pixels

Also fairly avid about pvp

Feel bad about the jab argument but hopefully all's well now
Yeah I had gone to the ER back in January due to a panic attack I misidentified as a heart attack. Meds I'm taking put me at risk for that.
I've since recovered and have been doing well.

Kunark is open in about a month for Iksars only. We're doing an early access soon:
They won't be able to return to the mainland either.

1714757918619.png

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah I had gone to the ER back in January due to a panic attack I misidentified as a heart attack. Meds I'm taking put me at risk for that.

Kunark is open in about a month for Iksars only. We're doing an early access soon:

View attachment 527281

Well glad you pulled out of it. The prevailing theory in places you probably can't see was you ODed yourself on estrogen pills.

You made a lot of low energy players very happy with high drop rate rubicite. Truly.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

View attachment 527281
Will certain item drops be disabled or nah?

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well glad you pulled out of it. The prevailing theory in places you probably can't see was you ODed yourself on estrogen pills.

You made a lot of low energy players very happy with high drop rate rubicite. Truly.
I saw that the Dark Men were denied a place on the server in favor of some Crossing Guards, how're you holding up bro?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Why restrict the dungeons? It would be funny seeing iksar only groups trying to plow ahead.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Droga / Nurga will be available so expect that. Karnors and above dungeon-wise will be inaccessible - so no Sebilis, Chardok, Charasis basically.

All legacy items will be present in appropriate zones.
On launch, we'll have era-appropriate versions of the Kunark Archaeologist quests too.
I was thinking in particular of Ceremonial Iksar Breastplate and other good shit from Trakanon's Teeth. Those items are kind of a big deal.

Not that I'm sure it's even a problem to worry about, but I was curious. If the population was bigger we might even see a 100 person Iksar Severilous kill lmao.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You added instancing? Damn I might come back.

Only for raids - leveling is still open world.

Its nice, opens up the end game nicely.

Secrets has done a good job cultivating a pretty active server. I still think these release gaps are too far spread but thats not my choice rto make. Knowing we have almost a year until velious is ROUGH.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Only for raids - leveling is still open world.

Its nice, opens up the end game nicely.

Secrets has done a good job cultivating a pretty active server. I still think these release gaps are too far spread but thats not my choice rto make. Knowing we have almost a year until velious is ROUGH.
Yeah, it's rough on purpose so new players can get interested and catch up, though.
I understand most of the server is dads or working adults - I'd like our players to be able to quit mid-expansion and come back at their leisure, and maybe come with their friends to play at the 6 or 8 month mark. That's what we have right now, and we have a ton of new players ingame running around.

Kunark will likely see a similar jolt in population - then a falloff about 3 or 6 months in again. This is intended.

By Luclin, it will be easier to catch up with MGBs and such. But there is only 9 months of Luclin as well.

I was thinking in particular of Ceremonial Iksar Breastplate and other good shit from Trakanon's Teeth. Those items are kind of a big deal.

Not that I'm sure it's even a problem to worry about, but I was curious. If the population was bigger we might even see a 100 person Iksar Severilous kill lmao.
Yeah, I'm excited to see Gore/Talendor/Severilous kills with 100 level 50 Iksars and such. It'll be an interesting time.

Trakanon's Teeth won't be instanced, but the cycle will only include the mobs on it, not the forager/hunter. We're putting the forager/hunter on its own spawn group, and multiples of them, like TLP.

It'll probably be like Quillmane where you have to hope to find it, not camp it statically.

You added instancing? Damn I might come back.

For raid zones only and they're keyed by guilds. They have long respawns, too, so VP, NTOV, and VT won't be as terrible as they were

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah, it's rough on purpose so new players can get interested and catch up, though.
I understand most of the server is dads or working adults - I'd like our players to be able to quit mid-expansion and come back at their leisure, and maybe come with their friends to play at the 6 or 8 month mark. That's what we have right now, and we have a ton of new players ingame running around.

Kunark will likely see a similar jolt in population - then a falloff about 3 or 6 months in again. This is intended.

By Luclin, it will be easier to catch up with MGBs and such. But there is only 9 months of Luclin as well.

Yeah, I'm excited to see Gore/Talendor/Severilous kills with 100 level 50 Iksars and such. It'll be an interesting time.

Trakanon's Teeth won't be instanced, but the cycle will only include the mobs on it, not the forager/hunter. We're putting the forager/hunter on its own spawn group, and multiples of them, like TLP.

It'll probably be like Quillmane where you have to hope to find it, not camp it statically.

For raid zones only and they're keyed by guilds. They have long respawns, too, so VP, NTOV, and VT won't be as terrible as they were

Yeah you have a better sense of the player base than me. Shit, I rolled y main day 1 and really have only been 50 for 3-4 weeks and raiding about the same. So Im in a perfect spot to keep an easy grind and roll into Kunark with full Hate/Fear drops and working on Sky perhaps. I think my push for new content is less burnout on old, or not enough to do, just my own autistic addiction craving that next hit.

You know, the dumb shit that keeps us going 25 years later

My only worry is how hard that 50-60 is going to be when there is 1 Chardok, 1 Seb, 1 Karnors, and 1800 players. What kind of burnout, log jams the casuals will find.

the removal of alot of epic bottlenecks is going to help keep alot of casuals going or new players never having an epic. Makes that much better.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I was actually a huge EQMac player. I was the person that made the original thread on FoH telling people about it. It was basically this massively hidden gem almost nobody knew about that was classic EQ and was official, and just happened to also be totally free. The thread got quite massive and I remember people creating workarounds to play on Windows etc. I have a ton of nostalgia over EQMac. It was insanely sad when it shut down.

I loved how EQMac had its own meta. There were differences from live and even classic-PoP of the original, but they were all really neat and fun.

MGB's are a huge one. I have a lot of nostalgia at receiving MGB's from people in PoK. And there were a lot of items that were really strong for low levels. Altho obviously a lot of that doesn't exist on Quarm yet.

I can't dedicate my life to EQ though so I haven't played Quarm much, but I've been getting a serious itch and a lot about TLP turns me off, but some of it turns me on. Gahhhh if only there were 60 hours in each day.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was actually a huge EQMac player. I was the person that made the original thread on FoH telling people about it. It was basically this massively hidden gem almost nobody knew about that was classic EQ and was official, and just happened to also be totally free. The thread got quite massive and I remember people creating workarounds to play on Windows etc. I have a ton of nostalgia over EQMac. It was insanely sad when it shut down.
Wasn’t that the thread that popularized the windows client that lead to hacking that lead to it being a CSR pain in the ass that lead to the shutdown? 🤔🤔🤔

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Wasn’t that the thread that popularized the windows client that lead to hacking that lead to it being a CSR pain in the ass that lead to the shutdown? 🤔🤔🤔
I assume they're talking about fohguild, not rerolled or rererolled.

I can't dedicate my life to EQ though so I haven't played Quarm much
Quarm is pretty much designed for working adults. Even if you take years to hit cap, the intent is that the server will be there for you and support your grown adult lifestyle while allowing you to access content.

There's a website created by a player that pretty much outlines the major changes vs EQMac, P99, TAKP, TLP, etc, for the server:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users