Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cash out

A very old not give a shit anymore John Travolta pretends to be , well I'm not sure he just phoned this shit in over 2 cups and a string. My wife wanted to watch it for ...reasons and then fell asleep in the middle of it. I am considering divorce. Avoid at all costs. You are welcome for the warning.
I saw this pop up on Hulu and just laughed and made me think of all those Bruce Willis movies he cranked out right before he retired.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Watched Prisoners last night. Trying to kick off a Villeneuve review so started there. Not sure I've seen it since it came out, certainly didn't have kids at that point. Phew, that is an intense 2.5 hours. Gyllenhaal's character is really interesting in that there's absolutely zero information about him other than he's a detective trying to find the kids. There was no bothering with giving him a backstory (directly), love interest, or any other type of manufactured drama that might have burdened his purpose. At one point when Jackman was doing his thing I started to say, "You know, but if anything happened to our kids..." and the wife just goes "I know you would." Heh.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In preparation for Deadpool/Wolverine we re-watched Logan last night. Damn its a good movie. You kind of forget how bloody it is until you re-watch it. They have this perfect template to make a subgenre of comic movies and ignore it. Logan booked over half a billion worldwide and cost a fraction of that to make.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

En Sabah Nur

Potato del Grande
Watched 8 Mile for like the 20th time. Even though it’s a well received movie, I don’t think it gets enough credit. It’s very well constructed, well acted all things considered, great music and great cinematography. Good message behind the film too. Strong 8/10 for me.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I started watching this and while lesbian gym romance sounds like peak anti-FOH bait I think there's more to it than that. Whilst I got interrupted about 30 mins in, it's well shot with an 80s aesthetic. Kinda reminded me of the volleyball scene in Top Gun

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I started watching this and while lesbian gym romance sounds like peak anti-FOH bait I think there's more to it than that. Whilst I got interrupted about 30 mins in, it's well shot with an 80s aesthetic. Kinda reminded me of the volleyball scene in Top Gun

I finished watching this. It really isn't a lesbian love story - it reminded me of a Nicolas Winding-Refn film.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Introducing the kid to more of my classics, tonight was:

Screw a 6.6/10, this is an easy 8.5/10. Guttenberg doing Guttenberg, and can we talk about Fisher Stevens amazing performance?

1714956675463.png

Is that black face or punjab face?

it really is great though. Probably 30 years since I last saw it and had so many memories going back through it. Don't know if we'll do Short Circuit 2 tomorrow or not although memories for that one are also high.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 6 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Wouldn’t you like to be a pepper too?

Loved this movie but damn I haven’t seen it since middle school, I think. Will need to watch it again for sure.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just watched 1995's Tommy Boy for the first time in a very very long time. I'm not sure if I watched it in theaters, but I may have because I was in High School at the time. But at the very least, it was a Blockbuster rental. Anyway, I liked it again. It's good, but I don't think I had any audible laughs during it. That said, I still liked it. My sense of humor changed over the years. Now I like things that are much darker than that. Oh well. I'm gonna try Black Sheep & Dirty Work next. That should cover my late 90's comedy interest for right now.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Introducing the kid to more of my classics, tonight was:

Screw a 6.6/10, this is an easy 8.5/10. Guttenberg doing Guttenberg, and can we talk about Fisher Stevens amazing performance?

View attachment 527700

Is that black face or punjab face?

it really is great though. Probably 30 years since I last saw it and had so many memories going back through it. Don't know if we'll do Short Circuit 2 tomorrow or not although memories for that one are also high.
I haven’t seen either Short Circuit 1or 2 in years but I had no idea that was Fisher Stevens.
Saw Short Circuit 2 a bunch of times as a kid, it was one of those movies they played at the Boys and Girls Club (along with Karate Kid 2, Indiana Jones 2, and Flight of the Navigator) often. When I moved to Ontario in my early twenties and we (then gf, now wife) would go to Toronto and I would point out landmarks from SC2 and other movies.

I wonder if Mr. Stevens regrets that role now what with woke culture judging yesteryear through the lens of today.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I haven’t seen either Short Circuit 1or 2 in years but I had no idea that was Fisher Stevens.
Saw Short Circuit 2 a bunch of times as a kid, it was one of those movies they played at the Boys and Girls Club (along with Karate Kid 2, Indiana Jones 2, and Flight of the Navigator) often. When I moved to Ontario in my early twenties and we (then gf, now wife) would go to Toronto and I would point out landmarks from SC2 and other movies.

I wonder if Mr. Stevens regrets that role now what with woke culture judging yesteryear through the lens of today.
I read a comment on the IMDB trivia page where he said “I couldn’t do that roll today.” But didn’t go looking for any other discussions about it. Totally forgot he was Plague in Hackers too. Haha!

Also the director, John Badham, did Saturday Night Fever, War Games, Meatballs, etc, didn’t realize that either until going through IMDB land.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

This was terrible. No idea how it has a 6.5/10 on IMDB. The amount of crap no name no production movies that I stumble across is unreal, but for the most part they're fairly accurately represented rating wise. This was a 5/10 at best.

It wants to be some indie Inception, maybe? The first 2/3 of the movie is boring, poorly acted, goes nowhere, then suddenly tries to reveal this multi-layered reality plot that makes no sense.