Shōgun

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Part of the reason they renewed as well was for the emmy's. Kinda dumb. But hopefully they pull it off and s2 is a success and not a flop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

One thing I've read about is Taiga Dramas (basically historical dramas with creative embellishment) aren't produced as often anymore in Japan and usually have lower budgets, so Shogun was actually fairly welcome among viewers there who love that sort of content.

They've got heavy involvement from Japanese producers and you've got western producers who can help balance it out a bit in terms of helping craft an internationally palatable drama (some of the JP produced stuff can be a little melodramatic otherwise) and a shitload of actual history to pull from, so I'm confident they can probably produce something good.

Shame Yabu died, though. He and Blackthorne played well off eachother, would have been fun to watch them go on misadventures lol. They could always bring Fuji back - especially if they focus on the Catholic/Spanish&Portuguese stuff going on, they could have her nun stuff act as the viewer's window in things going on in that area.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is a lot of actual history they can draw from, so it isn't too hard to continue the story. Even if they skip over the Battle of Sekigahara, they've got the Catholic conspiracy/power struggle and eventual expulsion of foreigners and also the stuff with the heir, since another power struggle ensued. Although that is a pretty big time skip IRL

I mean, honestly.. I think a lot of people would really enjoy seeing a battle or three in season 2. I dont mean the small skirmishes that were really good, in season 1. I mean GRAND, HUGE, battles with 1000's of people in a nicely rendered CGI, with some intricate skirmishes between known characters in the midst of it. Give the viewer some kind of idea of just how powerful certain armies are, cause at times it seems like Toranaga's army was just a whimper at best.