Spring 2024 Anime Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah that's a fair comparison. Slime is usually pretty damn funny, I have no fucking idea why they insist on dragging down the good parts of the seasons with these long unbroken blocks where they just vomit out bland exposition for multiple episodes at a time without a break. I mean even if it's just goddamn filler please break up the monotony with something. Hell throw in some of the plot from the Slime mobile game (I think Rimuru has a daughter) and make it into a goddamn dream sequence if you want to keep it non-canon. Shit I don't care if it's basically just an episode long advertisement for the mobile game as long as it alleviates the boredom.

There's no fucking way the manga would have gotten as popular as it did if the mangaka told the story in such a boring way.
Please just give me filler better filler to break up this worse filler. That's a pretty accurate description of what slime's become.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pervert Tensei is up. They are already past the manga, but I never read the LN so I have no idea what is coming, but uhh, yeah. Omens and such seem to indicate there may be onion ninjas soon.

Speaking of onion ninjas, BHA this week was phenomenal.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Plenty of anime don't need heavy handed exposition... or much exposition at all. I mean, remember that show called frieren?

Frieren has a lot of exposition, it's just well formed. And its also atypical of the medium. To just tell a good story rather than milk it for as long as possible to sell merchandise.

If we start comparing everything in anime to Frieren we might as well just stop watching anime.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Frieren has a lot of exposition, it's just well formed. And its also atypical of the medium. To just tell a good story rather than milk it for as long as possible to sell merchandise.

If we start comparing everything in anime to Frieren we might as well just stop watching anime.
I hope a lot of people start comparing everything to Frieren, the best outcome would be anime quality goes up.

Everyone wins.

I don't want all of my anime to be Frieren, sometimes I just don't want to give too much of a fuck about the story and I want good action, or I want an anime to punch me hard in the feels and keep on doing it. Or I just want a feel good simple story.

But if your anime wants to tell me this complex story, don't force it down my throat like slime is doing. Or don't make it needlessly complex and fucking beyond weird for no reason like fucking RE:zero is doing.
I swear to god re:Zero fans are the fucking worst. 90 percent of them can't even fucking tell what exactly is going on in this disaster of a story at this point.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's wishful thinking in a world where shows like Big Bang Theory top ratings time and time again.

"Have you seen The Wire?"
Yea it was boring but I looooove, love love How I Met Your Mother.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I hope a lot of people start comparing everything to Frieren, the best outcome would be anime quality goes up.

Everyone wins.

I don't want all of my anime to be Frieren, sometimes I just don't want to give too much of a fuck about the story and I want good action, or I want an anime to punch me hard in the feels and keep on doing it. Or I just want a feel good simple story.

But if your anime wants to tell me this complex story, don't force it down my throat like slime is doing. Or don't make it needlessly complex and fucking beyond weird for no reason like fucking RE:zero is doing.
I swear to god re:Zero fans are the fucking worst. 90 percent of them can't even fucking tell what exactly is going on in this disaster of a story at this point.
The last I remember was MC getting eaten by the locust bunnies of death, and that was a year or 5 ago for all I know. The overarching stuff is easy enough to follow, but the story is getting bogged down by too many subplots and the harem of gods trying to win MC over.