Stellar Blade (April 26th, PS5)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not that the writing is stellar in the first place, but I legit thought "the Colony" meant something further away given how the opening sequence is an invasion fleet of spaceships arriving. As in a colony on another planet in another solar system. Not simply in orbit like Elysium, hell they could have made it a moon colony or something.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I made it all the way to the 2nd to last boss before I had to puss out and turn on Story Mode difficulty. I just couldn't do it, despite everything fully upgraded. It's a bit stupid that you slowly lose items each attempt like the heart revive thing.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not that the writing is stellar in the first place, but I legit thought "the Colony" meant something further away given how the opening sequence is an invasion fleet of spaceships arriving. As in a colony on another planet in another solar system. Not simply in orbit like Elysium, hell they could have made it a moon colony or something.
There might be another Colony, since the "Colony Extinction Event" saw the majority of its habitat pods fall to Earth causing the apocalyptical damage. Though I don't trust my memory about this.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finally playing this. So far I'm not sure if I like it. The dodging and blocking are "off", or maybe they just have tiny windows of effectiveness. After playing through Bloodborne and having zero issues ducking and dodging through fights, in this game I'm pretty much getting hit by everything whether I dodge or not. Well, probably half my dodges work. I got the Blink skill and, again, about half the times that I do that, I end up just doing a regular dodge instead of a Blink, and usually get hit. The timing of everything is just way off compared to what I'm used to in other games.

The setting isn't doing much for me either. Yeah the game looks great but I haven't found much of it interesting, it's just ruins after ruins after ruins. The mobs are damage sponges and none of them are interesting, they're all just misshapen mud golem type things. I didn't like Bloodborne at first either so maybe this'll click after a couple hours. Not gonna give up on it yet.

Also how do you change outfits? Looked it up online and the results I got were that there's a spot in camp where you can craft new outfits and put them on via the menu. Welp, my camps don't have anything like that, they just have the shop (which is incredibly barebones), skill tree, rest chair, and a record player. Maybe I'm just not far enough yet, but I've been at it for like 2 hours. Found this at the next "bonfire" lol

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Finally playing this. So far I'm not sure if I like it. The dodging and blocking are "off", or maybe they just have tiny windows of effectiveness. After playing through Bloodborne and having zero issues ducking and dodging through fights, in this game I'm pretty much getting hit by everything whether I dodge or not.
the boobs count in the hitbox

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Finally playing this. So far I'm not sure if I like it. The dodging and blocking are "off", or maybe they just have tiny windows of effectiveness. After playing through Bloodborne and having zero issues ducking and dodging through fights, in this game I'm pretty much getting hit by everything whether I dodge or not. Well, probably half my dodges work. I got the Blink skill and, again, about half the times that I do that, I end up just doing a regular dodge instead of a Blink, and usually get hit. The timing of everything is just way off compared to what I'm used to in other games.
Perfect dodges/parries allow you to do counter attacks, so getting those skills as well as increasing the window to use them are the best tools and timings to learn.

Story mode gives trainer QTE and slowdowns to teach these timings but harder difficulties throw you to the wolves unless you enter the training room and practice yourself.

Malakriss

The autists are doing their thing, apparently there are four different chest sizes and three booty sizes depending on the outfit

2mwhbk54pjyc1.gif

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Its also only ever happening to Asian made games. Baldurs Gate 3 Eifel Tower with literal bear in the mix and TloU2 Quick Time cornhole the tranny event? Not even a peep. Make a female protagonist look attractive (and arguably more conservatively dressed than parts of those two games) and the blue hairs come out of the woodwork. Basically its a double standard that they only ever try to apply to non-western (read: not woke overrun studios) games.

If it involves their cringe inducing androgenous characters then it's fine

Tranny agenda and screwing people up

You got this

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

The setting isn't doing much for me either. Yeah the game looks great but I haven't found much of it interesting, it's just ruins after ruins after ruins. The mobs are damage sponges and none of them are interesting, they're all just misshapen mud golem type things. I didn't like Bloodborne at first either so maybe this'll click after a couple hours. Not gonna give up on it yet.

Also how do you change outfits? Looked it up online and the results I got were that there's a spot in camp where you can craft new outfits and put them on via the menu. Welp, my camps don't have anything like that, they just have the shop (which is incredibly barebones), skill tree, rest chair, and a record player. Maybe I'm just not far enough yet, but I've been at it for like 2 hours. Found this at the next "bonfire" lol

Agree with the normal dodging and blocking, and man the later bosses are absolute damage sponges.

But for the blue and purple glow dodge, the key is to let go of the movement stick as soon as you see the enemy glow blue, THEN hit forward + dodge as soon as your sword glows blue (or back+dodge for purples). It almost never worked if I held the move stick down the entire time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

There are skills and gear which extend the windows for Parry and Dodge, there is also a Double Dodge (a blessing and curse*). Blink will become second nature if you practice in the Training Room. The Training Room will also let you learn the basic attack combos, letting you find the ones you can pull off easily. Just spamming square will be slow. There is also the Execution skill(s), this will one shot everything you can perform it on, so you can just destroy the Shield mobs.

Ruin after ruin is kinda what the game is about, the surface of the entire planet got fucked, with nearly ALL lifeforms going extinct. There are various zones that have their own aesthetic, but is all destroyed or rebuilding. There is a good amount of mob variety, but its all sci-fi horror stuff, there are more humanoid like enemies as well. The Story is the biggest weakness of the game. I like the idea of what it is telling, but it lacks much depth as if the writers didn't think it through for several steps.

If you try out Story Mode, just understand that the mobs will do less dmg to you, but you're not doing more dmg to them. It is the combat tells that Story mode is for, and you'll still need to get the timings down to get the Perfect Parry / Dodge. It is not like FF16's version where pressing 1 button does everything, and automatic dodges. *If you get Double Dodge, know that the game buffers 1 additional input. So if you double tap dodge, but get a perfect dodge on that first tap, you won't be able to cancel the buffered tap with a counter. Double Dodge is great for getting distance though. If combat clicks with you at some point, the later stages of the game are really fun.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users