Sugar

spronk

FPS noob
it is incredibly stupid but i am enjoying it, 90% of the charm is just Collin Ferrell seems like a cool guy on screen and is easy to hang with. If he wasn't on screen so much this would be a complete dumpster fire.

His car is also awesome. He likes dogs. Lots of dogs on screen. Hollywood people are all scumbag rapists. c'mon, easy sell for a normal guy

that twist is so LOL though just thinking about it makes me laugh

for anyone not watching, full spoilers
at the very end of episode 6 its revealed Colin Ferrell is a blue alien, we don't really know much else but his species has basically been observing humans for a while now. Whether to just study us ala Star Trek, change us, or invade is something we don't know yet. They are working with some humans who are bad hombre kidnappers/traffickers too and have an internal hierarchy that seems fairly ruthless and very mission focused, and Colin Ferrell is starting to upset mission plans.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it is incredibly stupid but i am enjoying it, 90% of the charm is just Collin Ferrell seems like a cool guy on screen and is easy to hang with. If he wasn't on screen so much this would be a complete dumpster fire.

His car is also awesome. He likes dogs. Lots of dogs on screen. Hollywood people are all scumbag rapists. c'mon, easy sell for a normal guy

that twist is so LOL though just thinking about it makes me laugh

for anyone not watching, full spoilers
at the very end of episode 6 its revealed Colin Ferrell is a blue alien, we don't really know much else but his species has basically been observing humans for a while now. Whether to just study us ala Star Trek, change us, or invade is something we don't know yet. They are working with some humans who are bad hombre kidnappers/traffickers too and have an internal hierarchy that seems fairly ruthless and very mission focused, and Colin Ferrell is starting to upset mission plans.
That would make a lot more sense I guess. The story and everything is there but the dialogue just sucks. The way Colin Farrell talks I think he's going to turn into to Incredible Hulk

spronk

FPS noob
also lol at the doctor "your son is fine! well, he's brain dead sorry i guess phrasing". reminded me of the arrested development doctor

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That would make a lot more sense I guess. The story and everything is there but the dialogue just sucks. The way Colin Farrell talks I think he's going to turn into to Incredible Hulk
Dude,

he can deflect bullets and has super reflexes which we have seen all show long. He would be a hell of a predator if he wanted to be.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I caught up on this today and really really enjoyed it. The writing / dialogue didn't really distract, although I can see where the complaint comes from. It comes off as very detective noir or detective pulp, maybe it is from reading so much Raymond Chandler, played a lot of Under the Killing Moon, hah. Excited to see where it goes. Wonder how the average watcher felt about Episode 6.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
It's definitely intentionally leaning into the detective noir. Which I absolutely love.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The supernatural reveal at the end of this episode as kind of a bummer for me. I like it more as just a straight up noir. But Im still enjoying the show and am curious to see where it goes.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The supernatural reveal at the end of this episode as kind of a bummer for me. I like it more as just a straight up noir. But Im still enjoying the show and am curious to see where it goes.
I'm the exact opposite. Once I heard the forum mention that I jumped on board

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ya I definitely lost interest in this now. Feels like the show took a big 180 swerve. I like supernatural stuff but was digging this as just a noir show.

spronk

FPS noob
this show is like a mix of 80s and 90s super low budget SyFy shows - Alien Nation, Roswell, original V, etc mixed with some 50s noir but then suddenly we swerve into fucking Se7en in the last 5 mins lol

such a weird, weird show and its wild that it got greenlit, if you try to explain this show to anyone they will think you did way too much cocaine

reminds me of this old 80s movie that recently got a vinegar syndrome remaster

Last edited:

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
this show is like a mix of 80s and 90s super low budget SyFy shows - Alien Nation, Roswell, original V, etc mixed with some 50s noir but then suddenly we swerve into fucking Se7en in the last 5 mins lol

such a weird, weird show and its wild that it got greenlit, if you try to explain this show to anyone they will think you did way too much cocaine
There were some theories this is what was going on that I watched on YouTube.

Perhaps this is how his sister died and they found out there was aliens

Xevy

Log Wizard
Really glad they weren't dumb enough to have Sugar tail Miller in his fucking "LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!" car without being made. I was about to eyeroll my way off this series if that happened.