The Fishing Thread

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
My late birthday gift finally came in. Wife got me a monogrammed lighter what's one of the phrases my grandpa always told me when I was growing up and learning to fish.

Probably the nicest present I've gotten in a long time.

IMG_20240505_112234790_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240505_112225529_HDR.jpg

If you see another guy fishing that needs help, it's your responsibility to go and render aid, regardless of how retarded it might be. Be a knight .

You just want people to be able to go spend fun time on the water, if you can help facilitate that, you're doing a good job.

Any day of fishing, is a good day of fishing...

I unfortunately don't have kids, and it's something that bugs me all the time, but you do what you do can to teach kids being a proper outdoorsman.

Hunt, fish, whatever, there are wonderful principles that kids can really learn the skills that are vital to them becoming great person. Those activities socialize them and make them have too critically think at times, and in order to catch the fish they have to do a bit of problem solving to determine what their biting on. And the bite constantly changes based upon the area you live in or the seasons, so there's that constant engaging challenge to dissect and figure out the missing puzzle piece to land a nice fish to bring home for your family for dinner.

They should also be encouraged to do celebratory tasks of cleaning an animal or filleting a fish. Kids ought to have an understanding of what it takes field or lake to table. Some of my fondest memories was sitting out in the driveway for a couple of hours cleaning fish that my step dad might caught early that morning out in the Gulf prepping everything and getting raining for a Saturday night fish fry with family or the neighbors.

Get them involved, and really enjoying the outdoor, instead of staring at a phone.

Take time and pride in their accomplishments, especially if they hook a a bigger fish than you ever caught.

There are just a lot of other benefits helps to instill discipline with keeping / maintaining and being safe with a fire arm for fishing gear, or maybe a small Jon boat.

There are just simple rules one can follow to have a good life, especially if we're going to make certain the kids are hat grow up don't turn out to weirdos. And so many of simple fishing rules apply to your everyday interactions.

However that notion is going down pretty quick. I guess that's why it's so important to try to teach kids whether you have any or if it's your nephew or niece the way that we were taught to o be or act.

I do apologize for the rant and just kind of really made me think about stuff, and life was a lot simpler back then.

You know what though I shouldn't have to apologize about this,. Go out hunting or fishing, do it with friends or family ,whatever, go have a great time and enjoy the outdoors, because it will always at least help make you whole or give you peace, or at least teach the upcoming generations how to be decent people.

Edit: sorry talk to text

Last edited:
  • 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
My late birthday gift finally came in. Wife got me a monogrammed lighter what's one of the phrases my grandpa always told me when I was growing up and learning to fish.

Probably the nicest present I've gotten in a long time.

View attachment 527616

View attachment 527617

If you see another guy fishing that needs help, it's your responsibility to go and render aid, regardless of how retarded it might be. Be a knight .

You just want people to be able to go spend fun time on the water, if you can help facilitate that, you're doing a good job.

Any day of fishing, is a good day of fishing...

I unfortunately don't have kids, and it's something that bugs me all the time, but you do what you do can to teach kids being a proper outdoorsman.

Hunt, fish, whatever, there are wonderful principles that kids can really learn the skills that are vital to them becoming great person. Those activities socialize them and make them have too critically think at times, and in order to catch the fish they have to do a bit of problem solving to determine what their biting on. And the bite constantly changes based upon the area you live in or the seasons, so there's that constant engaging challenge to dissect and figure out the missing puzzle piece to land a nice fish to bring home for your family for dinner.

They should also be encouraged to do celebratory tasks of cleaning an animal or filleting a fish. Kids ought to have an understanding of what it takes field or lake to table. Some of my fondest memories was sitting out in the driveway for a couple of hours cleaning fish that my step dad might caught early that morning out in the Gulf prepping everything and getting raining for a Saturday night fish fry with family or the neighbors.

Get them involved, and really enjoying the outdoor, instead of staring at a phone.

Take time and pride in their accomplishments, especially if they hook a a bigger fish than you ever caught.

There are just a lot of other benefits helps to instill discipline with keeping / maintaining and being safe with a fire arm for fishing gear, or maybe a small Jon boat.

There are just simple rules one can follow to have a good life, especially if we're going to make certain the kids are hat grow up don't turn out to weirdos. And so many of simple fishing rules apply to your everyday interactions.

However that notion is going down pretty quick. I guess that's why it's so important to try to teach kids whether you have any or if it's your nephew or niece the way that we were taught to o be or act.

I do apologize for the rant and just kind of really made me think about stuff, and life was a lot simpler back then.

You know what though I shouldn't have to apologize about this,. Go out hunting or fishing, do it with friends or family ,whatever, go have a great time and enjoy the outdoors, because it will always at least help make you whole or give you peace, or at least teach the upcoming generations how to be decent people.

Edit: sorry talk to text
Did you squirt your jelly on her roe?