The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He makes a lot of assumptions and claims, like "They lied about that, so why wouldn't you think they lied about this." "This person quit and went silent, so they must have known it was a lie." "These countries are silent on the matter, so they must be being blackmailed." "This person made a confession on their deathbed, who lies on their deathbed?" "They have a history of failure, but this one time they pulled it off first try."

That stuff does nothing for me and are not helpful for his arguments. But there are 3 things that have me a bit puzzled.

1. Van Allen Radiation Belts: How did they get through these safely back in 1969 when we would have trouble getting through them safely today?
2. Fuel: Why do scientists and Elon Musk types say it would take 5 rockets worth of fuel to get there and back, but Apollo 11 did it with with just its own fuel tanks.
3. AI: All the photos from the event when run through current AI protocols say they are faked images.

That is the type of hard evidence that makes you wonder. He needs to be debated on these things by someone that knows what they are talking about.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
He makes a lot of assumptions like, "They lied about this, so why wouldn't you think they lied about this". "This person quit, so they must have known it was a lie". "These entities are silent on the matter, so they must be being blackmailed". That stuff does nothing for me and are not helpful for his arguments. But there are 3 things that have me a bit puzzled.

1. Van Allen Radiation Belts: How did they get through these safely back in 1969 when we would have trouble getting through them safely today?
2. Fuel: Why do scientists and Elon Musk types say it would take 5 rockets worth of fuel to get there and back, but Apollo 11 did it with with just its own fuel tanks.
3. AI: All the photos from the event when run through current AI protocols say they are faked images.

That is the type of hard evidence that makes you wonder. He needs to be debated on these things by someone that knows what they are talking about.

Interesting list.

My only thoughts are on #3, and it's possible I just don't know enough about how AI works on something like this. But wouldn't this just be because the AI doesn't have a large enough dataset of authentic pictures to draw the correct conclusion? Presumably with photos as old as those, comparing them to "authentic" photos of the same thing would be the only means of determination?

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He also makes a really big deal of the footage taken inside the spaceship looking back at earth. He is keen on saying they staged it to look like they were far further away from earth than they really were. There are outakes that show deception and lies, with a mysterious 3rd voice directing their communications back to NASA.

Again, this was a production. There was a performance and media element to it all. And, presumably you are dealing with Astronauts, not stage-trained actors... so they are going to have to fudge some things to get a broadcast to be pulled off so it is consumable for a worldwide audience.

I don't know what to make of it all.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
As someone who's designed circuit boards to fly through the Van Allen belt, we don't have trouble getting through them today and they wouldn't have back then either. It's something you have to consider but it's not that difficult to deal with. Also the old, slow, large transistors they used back then are less susceptible to radiation than modern electronics.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
Keep in mind the International Space Station lives in the inner? radiation belt. It has shielding, I assume they had lead or whatever (probably aluminum) back in the day. Doesn't seem like much of a danger.

I've just watched clips but there doesn't seem to be much proof being presented. There are explanations for stuff like fuel (trajectory, weight, fuel type, etc.) that I really need more data on to say yes or no. The way he presents it of course seems like it's logical, but I need actual facts first.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Keep in mind the International Space Station lives in the inner? radiation belt. It has shielding, I assume they had lead or whatever (probably aluminum) back in the day. Doesn't seem like much of a danger.

I've just watched clips but there doesn't seem to be much proof being presented. There are explanations for stuff like fuel (trajectory, weight, fuel type, etc.) that I really need more data on to say yes or no. The way he presents it of course seems like it's logical, but I need actual facts first.
Typical responce would be that the space station is fake, even though we can see it through telescopes (and even naked eye).

A lot of these claims are just from ignorance. Like one claim is that they would need too much water and oxygen, saw a youtube of someone calculating it and said that conspiracy theorists never take into account those things be recycled.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Apollo astronauts left retroreflectors, "mirrors", on the surface of the moon. Dudes bounced lasers off of it for 40 years to measure the distance between the Earth and Moon. Hundreds of scientists from many nations have done it. Are they all in on the conspiracy too? That's the one thing that just can't be faked and seems pretty incontrovertible to me.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i did more googling picture this bald fuck with hair 25 years ago

buzz-aldrin-punches-moon-landing-conspiracy-theorist.gif

Kiki

Log Wizard
A bunch of scientists popping up on twitter wanting to debate these issues on Joe's show.

This guy is a filmmaker with vested financial interest in proving it fake, he's not a physicist or anything. I am open to it being fake, but his supposed Elon Musk quotes aren't enough. He was driving a taxi in 2009.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

For some reason this episode of Inhumanoids on the Van Allen Belt has stuck in my head for 38 years

EDIT dunno why time embed isn't working - it's saving the video 20s before the relevant part