X-Men '97

Caliane

a lot of the culture warriors say this is actually decent.

arch was talking about it, and was commenting how its solid, but tell anyone that and the response is "I don't believe you".

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
a lot of the culture warriors say this is actually decent.

arch was talking about it, and was commenting how its solid, but tell anyone that and the response is "I don't believe you".
I dunno. Easily some of the best X-Men content we have had in years. They definitely aren't pulling any punches.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Episodes really are hit and miss, Im shocked they did the classic wolverine scene. Doubt that would have been on the original show

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Excellent show

Watched to ep7, which was all at the time

Rewatching with kiddo and finished ep5. still gives me shivers

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I’m finally caught up now and I must say this is a pretty good show.

they’re using a lot of characters and storylines they couldn’t get to during original run

I don’t know why they lead off with stupid shit before the show started like Morph being nonbinary and his “relationship “ with Wolverine.

To be honest, Morph comes off as a poor man’s deadpool.
Another nitpick is I’m pretty sure Morph couldn’t duplicate powers before but he seemingly is able to replicate some kinds of super strength and speed. Did I miss something?

Also loving all the crossover cameos and implications for the future of a rebooted Marvel animated universe

Homsar

Yeah, I guess Morph has changed in the comics? definitely never got powers from what I remember

• 1Like

Homsar

I think it was the side effect of Sinister fucking with him on the show.
Morph was only was popular on the original show if you can call it that. He has more powers now which kind of sucks, I always like the lower powered mutants

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Morph was only was popular on the original show if you can call it that. He has more powers now which kind of sucks, I always like the lower powered mutants
Besides a few graphic novels here and there I haven't read much comics since like the 90's.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_2291.jpeg

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I honestly didn’t care in the end.

I admit a lot of the hype over Rogues less curvy figure was a result of the other stupid stuff that was said before show came out like Morph being nonbinary

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I've always hated characters like Cyclops...it seems like they're leaning into his holier-than-thou assholishness in these, which makes me wonder if this is leading towards an All-New X-Men storyline for next season. That Brian Michael Bendis run got me back into comics for awhile, so that would be cool.