Cheap Meals: Eating on a budget.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
An adjustable office/shop stool might work but I generally need to stand to work a knife well because sitting at a table brings the cutting board up too high, where my elbow is at the wrong angle for it. Also for an office chair, the arm rests might be in the way.

Depending on how much room you have, you could build a small rolling island/butchers block that is as tall as you want it to be. You could easily justify the costs (probably) if you are already getting hit with back surgery and neck issues. Something like this, but taller and wider might be feasible to build yourself (edit: more at the bottom):
View attachment 528757

Otherwise get a commercial dish rack and set it upside down to work on. You could even epoxy some rubber strips to it, to keep it from sliding around, if that becomes an issue:
View attachment 528758

Edit: Found a nice enough looking DYI. Looks like it's using Kee Klamps and aluminum railing, but you could use cheaper black iron pipe and coat it with Flood to prevent rusting (there are also proper ways to paint the pipes).
View attachment 528763
Just as a general tip - depending on the application, the type of piping, and the amount - if you have a local galvanizing company, its surprisingly cheap to get them to hot dip a small amount of shit. Granted, I havent done it since 2016 - but the structure of pipes I needed done was roughly about the size of that cutting board table and it only ran me $75 bucks and they would have done more for pennies on the dollar, its just the fee to get it all setup that was a few dollars more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users