EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are the chances that Tormax is <100 pop and Teek is 4000 pop and they have to spin up a 2nd Teek lol?

Opening day the population wont tell you much. Teek will have the max players allowed on it for prob a week. Tormax I think will be in the 1-2k r.ange at launch.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Even if they should open an overflow server I don't think that they will. Aradune stayed a mess for something like ten days. Lockjaw was itself an overflow server so I guess it's not completely impossible but I think the company changed hands since then.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even if they should open an overflow server I don't think that they will. Aradune stayed a mess for something like ten days. Lockjaw was itself an overflow server so I guess it's not completely impossible but I think the company changed hands since then.
At this point they seem to be pretty against a overflow server

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, they're probably looking at the last overflow Mischief server and thinking it had some poor outcomes. One was that because everyone already had plans on Mischief, the people who went over to Thornblade was significantly lower -- it didn't come close to balancing the server populations. Secondly is that it enabled a ton of RMT hijinx with transferring items back and forth to sell.

I just look forward to the shit show.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I think staffing is the real constraint here ... the zero-day exploits will be tough to respond to in a timely manner.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure they also made it seem like Thornblade was going to merge with Mischief shortly after the initial rush and queues went away. Which obviously never happened. Would of never went to Thornblade if that was the case.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Thornblade seems like it’s about as popular as any other server at this point in prog. Doesn’t really strike me as a failure it’s just not the juggernaut Mischief was.