Final Fantasy VII Remake

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
FF7 Rebirth is one of the best games they've ever made. I'm pretty astounded that SE managed to produce a game this good after so many years of mediocre stuff.

• 2Moron
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Final fantasy 16 is mediocre at best, doubt it being multiplatform would have helped much.
It started good then in a stroke of genius they killed off the only other character that made it interesting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It started good then in a stroke of genius they killed off the only other character that made it interesting.

Yeah, they sure did.

FF16 started really good. After that first disaster with the evil queen walking past her own handmaidens as they got their throats cut, I was completely hooked. It was like a Game of Thrones FF game.

Cid was also a tremendous character, and reminded me of Methos from the Highlander series (or maybe it was Ramirez, I can't remember at the moment).

They gradually F'd up everything that was good about it though, and the last 20% or so of the game I couldn't care less anymore and was slogging through the repetitive battles and gameplay just to get the game over with. The last antagonist sucked, especially compared to the earlier antagonists who they killed off prematurely.

They also made a big mistake having the main dude be the only playable character. I thought other eidolon-bearers were gonna join the party and be playable. Cid and the chick with Shiva were both easily no-brainers. Other eidolon-bearers as antagonists also made for an interesting game. Garuda lady was a great antagonist. Titan guy was another great antagonist AND could have doubled as the "big villain who joins you halfway through the game" type of character.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
They did that more than once lol.

Clive's mother is the most detestable villian I've ever seen in all of fiction, her fate is a shocking moment but the game is done from that point onwards.

She should have been fightable as the final boss, usurping Ultima somehow.

The only thing close in BG3 is The Emperor but it's left a little open to interpretation on if he's actually an ally or enemy, your choices change events too much.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As soon as they indicated Rebirth would have a shorter exclusivity window the amount of players who would wait for the PC version increased. There are people who own a PS5 but decided to wait for PC for 4K60 and mods. So their sales are PS5 only or people willing to double dip.

Now it's definitely not going to come out June 1st on the dot, but the exclusivity ends in two weeks. If the Steam version hits by fall the overall sales will meet expectations but their public announcement was basically staring Sony in the face and saying PS5 numbers are not enough, what you paid for exclusivity was not enough.

Merrith

I wonder if 16 ended up being rushed (either didn't have time to finish the DLC content for the main game, or just in general). There's definitely stuff to build on from that game. The lack of RPG elements is a legit complaint, though.

• 1Slow

Malakriss

Ever Crisis gacha game giving new prequel era backstory, will be even more in the next update.

• 1Like