Hades (Supergiant Games)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Really want to play this but will wait until EA is over. Probably won't run well on my work laptop anyways. These days I never even get to my gaming machine.

I doubt the EA will be that long. Release maybe late this year, next year at the latest. Version number is already at 0.9, which seems accurate. Tons of content. Even has lots of meta dialogue (not at that part myself) that is clearly only for EA. Genuinely seems like 90% of the game is in already.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So I'm on a run right now with what has to be the most stupidly OP build possible.

Witch staff with boon that makes my special left click hit twice and also gain 5 health any time I kill something with it and the hex with invuln form maxed out. I also gain 20 armor each room for 30 mana which means nothing to me cuz I have like 150 mana(and 150 health too). I can instantly spend my mana to get invuln hex pretty much immediately and I also have the boon that gives me mana for standing in my Q lmao. So I go invuln mode, hit Q, get 100% of my mana back while wailing on anything for 7 seconds rinse repeat. Not to mention that the special left click ability hits basically everything across the entire screen. I'm not sure if I could come up with a more broken build if I tried.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Finally beat
Eris
on the path upwards and got the 'To Be Continued' page, so it's clear that adding in Olympus is still to come.
Right now I'm having the most success with Poseidon/Hera/Hephaestus builds as it has plenty of AE and damage reduction to deal with trash but still enough oomph for Guardians.

I really haven't done much with the alternative forms of the weapons though. It's funny because the pom poms are my second-least-favorite weapon and yet that's what I was using when I got the furthest.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Found the broken thing. I beat upper path, figured "It can't be that easy can it?" Immediately did the lower path, got to Chronos which I had gotten to several times but never even gotten past phase 1. This time, beat him easily.

It's the cast. Hestia has a boon called "Glowing Coal". It turns your cast into a projectile that fires in a line ahead of you. Normally cast either works by you casting it on top of you, then remaining on the ground. Or you can get a boon that makes it follow you. Or you can get a boon where you can mark a spot and cast it stationary there. However, the boon that turns it into a projectile has a second part to it. The description says "Hold Cast to aim a fiery projectile that explodes on impact. The binding circle forms there." You'd think that would mean that where it hits, it sticks to the ground. However, it doesn't, it sticks to the mob, even if they move around.

So force that boon, then get either the Zeus boon for constant lightning damage on cast, or the scorch one. You basically just kite and spam the charged cast. Cerberus didn't even hit me. Can get lucky/unlucky on the damage done by the cast, but all that does is it takes less/more time to kill the guardians.

I assume this will be nerfed to where the cast sticks where it hits. Because as of now, it is outright broken.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally beat
Eris
on the path upwards and got the 'To Be Continued' page, so it's clear that adding in Olympus is still to come.
Right now I'm having the most success with Poseidon/Hera/Hephaestus builds as it has plenty of AE and damage reduction to deal with trash but still enough oomph for Guardians.

I really haven't done much with the alternative forms of the weapons though. It's funny because the pom poms are my second-least-favorite weapon and yet that's what I was using when I got the furthest.
Finally beat that last fight on the surface path. Was way easier when I noticed I could use the two pillars to hide and then Whirlwind.

Want to unlock Aspect of Pan for heat seeking Daggers special. But still need farm some stuff to unlock that.