Health Problems

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Keto diet might be worth trying for neuropathy.
Most studies looking at it show some sort of benefit. I know someone who had severe pain in her arm for 2 years (thx vax) that got rid of it with a low carb diet.
Worst case is you won't have eaten sugar for a couple of weeks...
Tried Keto, it really really really fucked my blood numbers up. I asked my then Primary Doc for a good health diet and if it helped my back that would just be a good side effect. He put me on Keto. FF one year and I come back for a check up. Blood work as so bad the Doc that was pushing this diet was talking about putting me on statins, heart meds, and insulin. I said ' how about fuck your Keto diet, and HELL NO'.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Insulin? You went pre diabetic from a keto diet? I don't think you were doing it right...

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Insulin? You went pre diabetic from a keto diet? I don't think you were doing it right...
A lot of people seem to do the dirty keto thing where they just eat tons of fat, sugar alcohols, red meat, dairy, etc. and basically just replace carbs with chemicals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
What do you guys do for sciatic pain or neuropathy BS?

I'm at my wits end, I'm just so tired of dealing with it everyday. Open to any options, or at least experience / knowledge of said problem.

Haven't had cancer, or anything really horrifying, but I got my own stack a problems, and as I'm getting older, are starting to manifest their issues more and more. It's easily one of the things that screws me up on a day-to-day basis.

Orthopedic surgeon I didn't detect anything wrong with my spine pinching nerves or what have you, try to go into a chiropractor but that's a goddamn crapshoot.

I'm just so tired of my feet or my legs going numb, I'm having to sit there and try to do things like a salt bath every evening. I never had these problems prior to the end of 2019, and it just infuriates me, and it doesn't seem like there's a lot I can do about.

Anyways, if anybody's got when I hate to call a life hack, I'll be most appreciative. The constant pain and bullshit and screwing with my relationships with people because I'm just always agitated and angry, now that said individual, but just being on edge.

I'm just looking for whatever fucking solution I can find.

Thank you in advance.
I fucked up my back lifting about 20 years ago. Since then I'd randomly get debilitating pain on occasion and constant aches any time else. Would get what felt like nerve pain down my legs, but had a clean bill of health from any spinal damage. I'm echoing some recommendations already, but the only thing that finally fixed things was a really good massage therapist. It was some of the most excruciating pain of my life, but I walked out of the appointment with my hips completely back in line and zero pain. Definitely worth a shot.

• 1Solidarity

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
A lot of people seem to do the dirty keto thing where they just eat tons of fat, sugar alcohols, red meat, dairy, etc. and basically just replace carbs with chemicals.
I don't know guys, he gave us a list of things to eat and we ate it. When I stopped doing it everything went back to baseline. Not sure what it was worth anyhow, I'd been going in for a physical every year around my birthday since I turned 40. No real reason just wanted to have good general health. Other than the back, no real problems. Multiple doctors, multiple towns, multiple states. They all missed the BIG FUCKING TUMOR IN MY HEAD. In fact , I'd been not 2 weeks from my last physical when I had the seizure where the tumor made it's grand entrance.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
To be fair keto for one year would be difficult, most people stop keto after a while because it's just too hard to maintain. And you're probably not supposed to be in ketosis for months anyway.

But a couple of weeks can be useful, especialy as people that try keto usually end up eating less sugar overall After stopping keto.

Also docs will try to get you on statin, they aren't 'satisfied' unless you have unhealthy low levels of cholesterol. Like PPI overuse, it seems that there some awareness of this now, though.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To be fair keto for one year would be difficult, most people stop keto after a while because it's just too hard to maintain. And you're probably not supposed to be in ketosis for months anyway.

But a couple of weeks can be useful, especialy as people that try keto usually end up eating less sugar overall After stopping keto.

Also docs will try to get you on statin, they aren't 'satisfied' unless you have unhealthy low levels of cholesterol. Like PPI overuse, it seems that there some awareness of this now, though.
I did Keto for a bit and that was probably the biggest benefit for me. Sweet stuff is just so damn strong since I really dont eat anything with sugar anymore. I was looking for something to take a BC Powder with this past weekend, and my brother had a Mountain Dew. Holy fuck does it just seem like pure syrup now.

I think thats also the problem with Little Debbie cookies for a lot of people. They think the formula has changed.. and it probably has, to an extent, since when they were a child. But their taste buds being so accustomed to sweet and sour shit has to be the root cause for people saying those cookies “arent as good as they used to be.” I feel like if I had an oatmeal creme pie right now, Id be bouncing off the walls for hours.

Also, youre right - Ketosis is supposed to be short term. Doing the diet properly cuts tons of fat off anybody. So quick that it leaves really fat people with large amounts of sagging skin. So I fail to see why anyone would need to do it long term.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Even the "original" keto diet, Atkins, is built entirely around phasing out of ketosis and using it, initially, to create better eating habits which will naturally improve your health.

The whole "losing your sweet tooth" aspect of it is entirely true. Most modern sweet drinks/foods will become cloying and unpleasant after any extended period following a keto diet like Daidraco described.

• 1Like