NBA 2023-24 Season Thread - The Lakers Lose, America Wins

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Well, it seems Nuggets and Pacers series both are going to be at least 5 games.

Hopefully after last night’s home court humbling the Wolves received, national media and the NBA twitter-verse dial back the Edwards ball-gargling just a tad.

Turns out when you actually get called for fouls your defence isn’t so unstoppable.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I dunno, in a pretty average performance where they were getting blown out the announcers were talking (very organically and not at all scripted) about how he's such a great leader even at such a young age.

He's fun to watch at times, but having not really ever payed attention to him, right now he just seems like a pretty good player on a pretty good team. More Vince Carter than MJ.

The weird thing is the ball-gargling is often about his personality and charisma and how it makes him such a great leader, which is one of the things I'm not seeing. To me he sorta disappears on the court and occasionally does something athletic enough to take notice before fading away again. Maybe that's being a good team player and what the team needs, but it doesn't match the fawning over how great he is as a personality and presence on the court.

Not saying he's not fun to watch at times or isn't exactly what the team needs or won't become great, just that he is not what the NBA is hoping for or hyping up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why do I like Dallas teams all of a sudden. I swear if I start rooting for Cowboys this year I'm fucking done.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

taebin

Same trailer, different park
I'm fine with how the fouls have been called, but let it be known SGA leads with his elbows on every play.

• 2Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Dallas is gonna make the WCF and then lose due to Luka & Kleber injuries. Sad.

If healthy it was theirs to lose this year. New squad matches up great against the real contenders.

If Luka gets real rest & recovery this summer, and the front office can retain Derrick Jones and replace Kleber with a younger backup 4/stretch 5 (Naz Reid? Dean Wade? Jalen Smith?) they have a real shot.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Looks like Wolves dropping another one.

If game 2 was officiated like games 3 & 4, this series would not be close.

What an absolute travesty that was. I feel bad for Murray for eating that fine. Should have thrown something at their fucking heads to make it worth it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

taebin

Same trailer, different park
This game is so weird. Mavs have been up by 14 but are playing like complete shit. 50% from the line, shooting sub 40% from the field, Doncic is like 6 for 19 yet has a triple double. SGA completely carried OKC, bail out shot after bail out shot as the clock is winding down. Doncic missed game tying free throws at the end.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does a professional basketball team shoot less than 50% from the line? Disgraceful performance.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That is probably the most embarrassing loss I've ever witnessed. They completely dominated that game outside of like 5 minutes and laid a ginormous egg, with two hall of fame type players.

Luka has got to wake up, same with Kyrie, but holy fuck Luka. What the fuck. That was insane.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
92% vs 50% from the stripe is the story of the game. I get Luka's hurt, maybe 70% but if doesn't start giving more Mavs are cooked. OKC is young and full of energy.