Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Caliane

Theres quite a few strats for playful darkess. and hes often talked about, so they get shared. flooding him with summons, and persistant aoe. creeping doom+mark of justice trivializes most things, including him.

mf swarms. hrrm... angel play was definitely angel spell spam, and trying to keep everyone else alive. Original, Azata witch. I don't remember, but also don't remember it being hard at all.
phantasmal killer/weird wouldn't have worked right? I seem to remember ember, seelah and regill doing most of the work on swarms.

you know, might have used creeping doom there as well. would have I had the Treants at that point on call? I think you do, so might have done that as well. I feel like I remember summoning them for playful darkness and the entrance fights. and actually yeah. Im certain I used treants on playful darkness and the entrance fight. so, *might* have in the chamber as well.

Azata path has a bunch of irregulars volunteer to join the crusade. one of them is Treants. letting them join the crusade, and resting at your floating island. you also get a floating island. gives you the ability to summon 7 treants per day. no cooldown, no duration. can summon all 7 at once. or one at a time as you feel like. they dont have durations, but also won't really follow you around. kindof.. but not well. won't climb, or area transition at all. This is in addition to to the other mythic summons everyone get. those overwrite each other. the treants are added to.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Theres quite a few strats for playful darkess. and hes often talked about, so they get shared. flooding him with summons, and persistant aoe. creeping doom+mark of justice trivializes most things, including him.

mf swarms. hrrm... angel play was definitely angel spell spam, and trying to keep everyone else alive. Original, Azata witch. I don't remember, but also don't remember it being hard at all.
phantasmal killer/weird wouldn't have worked right? I seem to remember ember, seelah and regill doing most of the work on swarms.

you know, might have used creeping doom there as well. would have I had the Treants at that point on call? I think you do, so might have done that as well. I feel like I remember summoning them for playful darkness and the entrance fights. and actually yeah. Im certain I used treants on playful darkness and the entrance fight. so, *might* have in the chamber as well.

Azata path has a bunch of irregulars volunteer to join the crusade. one of them is Treants. letting them join the crusade, and resting at your floating island. you also get a floating island. gives you the ability to summon 7 treants per day. no cooldown, no duration. can summon all 7 at once. or one at a time as you feel like. they dont have durations, but also won't really follow you around. kindof.. but not well. won't climb, or area transition at all. This is in addition to to the other mythic summons everyone get. those overwrite each other. the treants are added to.
Summon spam was what i tried at first, he repeatedly ignored them to bumrush my party. I don't remember if true seeing was part of that enormous list of buffs he had but if it wasnt i guess you could try arcane tanking him with displacement/mirror image/stoneskin until a dispel lands. Probably need PC/merc to handle that, I don't remember if Nenio can even cast stoneskin or if its a forbidden school for her.

I really HATE that I want to try all the mythic paths but there's no way I'm playing through the whole goddamn game that many times. One of the YTers I get build inspiration from (or sometimes just directly copy) must be well into the quadruple digits of playtime on WotR, which is crazy because he also has an extensive playlist of BG3 vids as well as respectable ones for Elden Ring and Rogue Trader too.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't decide whether Camellia's story and secret is actually clever or just fucking retarded. I already feel like a simp for letting her get away with it back in Act 3 because she was my only companion specced into greater enduring at the time (maybe I wouldn't feel so dirty if I hadn't also taken her to pound town afterwards) and I thought maybe a good MC can at least steer her towards slightly less evil. But nope, you can help redeem a literal walking embodiment of evil but Camellia gives no fucks and I honestly think I'm gonna chop her fucking head off this time.

Maybe I'll bring in a brown-fur transmuter merc since they're supposed to be pretty busted as buffers, or maybe I'll just swap in domain lord Sosiel.

Also this is another reason I want to try one of the evil mythic paths (or at least Trickster, or Trickster legend) because I enjoy being Captain Righteous but when a game actually offers you a meaningful bad guy path I at least want to give it a thorough try. Also every time I see 'Mythic path Swarm that Walks required' on a blocked dialogue choice my imagination goes wild even if I'm far more likely to try Lich when I finally get around to an evil run rather than Swarm. Devil sounds fucking stupid though.

I've heard you can actually convince Seelah to stay to the end on Demon path but the thought of corrupting Arue actually makes me feel a little uncomfortable and making Ember cry? oof

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

lol. Idk, but I was definitely laughing to myself as you picked her. haha. Wendaug can be "redeemed" but its tough. you need to do some specific things, and its not just being a good person. there is one path that can "fix" camellia. but even then its after game fixing.

most of the paths have a true path, and bad path. like, there is "true azata" which is closer to neutral good, and reigns back some of the nonsense, and focuses more on results and good. and the "bad" azata which is chaos first, and results in some bad outcomes.

Demon path has rage demon and intelligent demon. demon path doesn't FORCE you to be an out of control asshole. Lich and Swarm will force you to be an out of control asshole.

Replacement for cam. ember, dearan. I think you were using woljif for trickery? or, wait, you are oracle, so not doubling up with dearan. eh, honestly at this point your angel probably can solo everything.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
eh, honestly at this point your angel probably can solo everything.
Basically. Even on core Baphomet and Deskari went down like they were made of tissue paper although as strong as the MC is, stacking 7-9 Outflanks at the same time is what's truly nutty. I might grab a brown-fur transmuter merc before the end just so he's available to try inevitable excess on unfair, assuming a replacement NPC showed up for Hilor. Or maybe the dlc has its own venture captain you can use.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Baphomet was the hardest fight in my first playthrough (mega buffer Angel), since he mass dispels every single thing; which turned my party into a bunch of girly men for him to walk around and one round rape.

Probably wiped 20+ times before I went and respeced or grabbed a merc summoner (don't remember which)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Baphomet was the hardest fight in my first playthrough (mega buffer Angel), since he mass dispels every single thing; which turned my party into a bunch of girly men for him to walk around and one round rape.
Improved Initiative would like to have a word with you. Also both times I fought him (I forgot to shoot him the first time) all he did was overwhelming presence + unholy blight and while being hit with the granddaddy of all CC spells when you're completely unbuffed is nasty as fuck, my MC resisted it down to a stagger both times and then you just quicken unbreakable heart on someone who failed their save and start putting your party back together.

Maybe I just got lucky with retarded AI because a Demon Lord hitting you with unholy blight is pretty funny when you're expecting shit like energy drain, rift of ruin, implosion, etc.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Improved Initiative would like to have a word with you. Also both times I fought him (I forgot to shoot him the first time) all he did was overwhelming presence + unholy blight and while being hit with the granddaddy of all CC spells when you're completely unbuffed is nasty as fuck, my MC resisted it down to a stagger both times and then you just quicken unbreakable heart on someone who failed their save and start putting your party back together.

Maybe I just got lucky with retarded AI because a Demon Lord hitting you with unholy blight is pretty funny when you're expecting shit like energy drain, rift of ruin, implosion, etc.
Yea, I don't think I had improved initiative on most of my party, maybe just the melee and I'm not sure if he gets a huge initiative buff on Unfair, where it wouldn't really matter anyway. I think I was using Brown Fur to turn the melee (and pets) into dragons by that fight, along with almost every other buff in the game to make half the party into gods, and didn't have enough casts left to even half rebuff by the end of that dungeon.

I don't remember being able to rest right before the fight either, but I don't remember why; maybe because it wouldn't matter when he was owning my melee/pets in the first and second round and I would would need 3 or 4+ rounds to just get the essential buffs up.

As for the Old Sarkorian Mine (with the Fallout 1 quest), it's probably a backer thing behind the easter egg. It might be the one RPGCodex bought, as I think they raised money as a board for both games, to get to a tier where they had a quest in the game, then voted on what to put in.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Demon path has rage demon and intelligent demon. demon path doesn't FORCE you to be an out of control asshole. Lich and Swarm will force you to be an out of control asshole.

Depends by whose standards - Lich is actually kind of like a typical gamer 'Obviously my companions are better off as undead, think of the resists and buff synergies ! Sure they may complain about it now, but they won't care afterwards'

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
lmao is the Fallout Vault something a backer paid for or is that actually from the source material?

It is. Numeria is a region where a starship crashed like 10000 years ago but only recently have people gotten into it and started to reverse engineer shit. Pathfinder is very much a 'kitchen sink' setting.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Depends by whose standards - Lich is actually kind of like a typical gamer 'Obviously my companions are better off as undead, think of the resists and buff synergies ! Sure they may complain about it now, but they won't care afterwards'
Trickster sounds like someone decided to turn a VLDL skit into a mythic path.