Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I'm beginning to think this game isn't what you are looking for in a survival/builder....

It's a fantastic game and one of the best values ever on Steam.

I've just been a little disappointed how the late game has developed over the last couple of releases. Looking for some more character depth, base comfort options, crafting stations, story elements, etc. Not just "Mistlands, but fire this time".

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Do you have to re map?

Also can you just truck your weapons and gear to a new map? My memory says... You can move your personal inventory???

No way I'm starting over
Depends- as long you didnt explore ashlands or frozen north already (or come within 300 yards or so) you're fine- it hasnt generated the terrain yet so when you do get within range it will generate it according to the new code.
Note- Originally ashlands and frozen north could be connected to other biomes so you could walk there. They have now seperated them from other biomes so you must sail there. They did this by altering terrain generation between the area covered by the new spawn rules for ashlands and everywhere else by basically sinking the nearby land. This means if you had a base or something far south near ashlands before the land it was on may no longer exist. I've seen a couple of people, one of who was so very proud of his preparations, jump though their portals and fall 100 feet into the new ocean and then watch as the portal they arrived in crumbles into the sea. So I'd suggest you sail from somewhere not in the bottom quarter of the map to avoid embarrassment...
They did the same for Frozen North too I believe so again, be careful of blindly portalling up there without taking a look around by boat first.

You can move anything you can get into your inventory to a new map if you desire, and you can make multiple trips to do it if one isnt enough.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's a fantastic game and one of the best values ever on Steam.

I've just been a little disappointed how the late game has developed over the last couple of releases. Looking for some more character depth, base comfort options, crafting stations, story elements, etc. Not just "Mistlands, but fire this time".
So.... having to construct and use siege equipment to attack the "dungeons" (castles) in Ashlands isn't a change from Mistlands?