Winter 2024 Anime Thread

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I finished it up.

I enjoyed the actiony chuunin exam stuff but I think I mostly enjoyed the early slice of life stuff. Himmel giving her a ring gave me diabeetus.

And now we must wait with elven patience for season 2.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I finished it up.

I enjoyed the actiony chuunin exam stuff but I think I mostly enjoyed the early slice of life stuff. Himmel giving her a ring gave me diabeetus.

you might as well read the manga

Frieren manga announces indefinite hiatus

you know some serious shit is gonna go down too b/c
frieren wakes up early

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I finished it up.

Elves aren't patient, they are just infinitely nonplussed. They also seem to be easy to distract.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Y'all focusing on the wrong elf.

You might not like it but this is what peak elf performance looks like

1715184476176.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Who is this? I watched a blender modeling tutorial for a character just like this.
An anime off of Netflix where the side plot to every episode is finding ways to take monster parts and term them into a full 5 course meal. The series has its endearing qualities.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ok seriously, did dungeon meshi get good? I watched up till he found his sis but it just seemed ok.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ok seriously, did dungeon meshi get good? I watched up till he found his sis but it just seemed ok.
Oddly enough, thats exactly where I ended up leaving off with it as well. Nothing wrong with the anime, just felt like that was the end for some reason.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Dungeon cooking is a fine anime. I'm not sure why some of the thread denizens have decided to full on weeb the elf girl though.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Elves aren't patient, they are just infinitely nonplussed. They also seem to be easy to distract.
They got a few other things wrong but I forgive them.

Elves are tall, don't get sick, and don't really need much sleep (and have a few good sleep substitute techniques).

I did like that they gave her a better chance to spot secret doors, that's an old D&D classic :D

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Man I was enjoying the first two season of slime but this season just seems to be "Fucking talking in a room, the anime" fucking boring as shit.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Man I was enjoying the first two season of slime but this season just seems to be "Fucking talking in a room, the anime" fucking boring as shit.
Spoken like someone who isn't a true room connoisseur. You probably don't even know that anime is a japanese word for a room of chairs.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I gave up on slime when it became very clear no one was ever a threat to anyone and no one dies. Rezzed everyone, became even more OP. Ok dude. That's usually when I give up on shows like these.

It's ok to be a show that doesn't take itself seriously like re: monster, just be entertaining I guess. Slime just became a bunch of political shit cause that's all that's left in it.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I gave up on slime when it became very clear no one was ever a threat to anyone and no one dies. Rezzed everyone, became even more OP. Ok dude. That's usually when I give up on shows like these.

It's ok to be a show that doesn't take itself seriously like re: monster, just be entertaining I guess. Slime just became a bunch of political shit cause that's all that's left in it.
Not quite. There is some good action coming up. Anime should be slightly past the manga at the end of this season.