Recent content by Kobayashi

  1. Kobayashi

    Smartphones

    Do you also have the notification permission turned on for the app?
  2. Kobayashi

    2026-2027 NFL Season - The Vikings Are Looking For Their Sam Darnold

    Yep, Detroit definitely doesn't need any help in the secondary...
  3. Kobayashi

    The Fast Food Thread

    It must have taken them a while to find a new group of dipshits to win all the good prizes. I look forward to the Netflix documentary in 20 years.
  4. Kobayashi

    2026-2027 NFL Season - The Vikings Are Looking For Their Sam Darnold

    If they don't have to sign him to the massive contract he wants and he plays out the season as a rental, I'm going to be severely rustled as a Lions fan. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-joey-porter-jr-traded-to-cowboys/
  5. Kobayashi

    The Fast Food Thread

    Earlier this year, I went to Culver's and they had a walleye fish sandwich for a limited time (just checked, guess it's a Lent thing) . Was pretty good and the filet was gigantic. In agreement on the batter - I grew up with a breadcrumb batter and prefer that over a beer batter. For what it...
  6. Kobayashi

    What vehicle do you drive?

    I don't see any scenario where Rivian utilizes VW's dealer network. Hell, VW doesn't even want to use their dealer network - they're trying their damnest to have Scout be direct to consumer. No way in hell would I accept my vehicle being repainted by a local shop (or dealership) on a brand new...
  7. Kobayashi

    2026-2027 NFL Season - The Vikings Are Looking For Their Sam Darnold

    A lot of people here don't understand pass interference. Here's a video refresher:
  8. Kobayashi

    Funny, Strange, Random Pics

    Coming back next year as the Ram Rampage. Not nearly as cool as this.
  9. Kobayashi

    What vehicle do you drive?

    Can't find a mechanic for what they're willing to pay. The old mechanic probably did this as a hobby. That museum is less than 2 hours from Detroit. The amount of restoration mechanics here is insane. Also, carburetors are still extremely common in aviation.
  10. Kobayashi

    Funny, Strange, Random Pics

    Not the slightest bit. All I see are all the tie wraps I'll need to cut to troubleshoot something and no service loops for the wire. Give me wireway any day over this bullshit. Oblig: this isn't even a great job, they should have left more gap around the PLC and bottom row, but infinitely...
  11. Kobayashi

    What vehicle do you drive?

    I'd say maybe. They'll get propped up by their architecture deal with VW in the short term. Now, will that architecture succeed and will they survive in the mid-term? I have my doubts, they've laid off a crap ton of engineers. I'm not sure if they really have the best and brightest left over...
  12. Kobayashi

    Car ?'s

    FMVSS 111 mandated backup cameras starting in 2018. If that model started production in the 2018 model year, I'd put probability of an incoming model not having it near zero. Pretentious, entitled rich guy odds near 100%.
  13. Kobayashi

    Smokers / Grills

    Looks really nice. Curious to hear about your experience once it's all done. Did you upgrade to 316L stainless or stick with 304?
  14. Kobayashi

    General Gaming News and Discussion

    I don't follow any of the Gamergate stuff or a lot of the drama, so, I was going to look up why this was a bad idea. Then i re-read the kickstarter screenshot and noticed the pronoun. The only stretch goal I want to see for anyone using “they" is to see "them" get thrown into a volcano.