Recent content by KurganAU

  1. KurganAU

    Lucky

    Being a limited series of only 7 episodes hurt this show. Would have liked more situations where she has to adapt and be a chameleon like the birthday party in episode 3. Could have done a conman version of The Pretender, on the run and being chased but I understand you can only keep that up for...
  2. KurganAU

    The Westies

    Gave this a shot because of JK Simmons and TItus Welliver aka Bosch. Unfortunately there is too much else wrong and it's not as good as it could be. I'm 5 eps down and will see out the remaining 3, but can't see things improving well enough to worry about a second season. Just not compelling...
  3. KurganAU

    The Further Mis-Adventures of Cliff Booth (2026)

    So we get 1977 Hollywood underbelly with Fincher visuals and Tarantino script. The trailer looks good enough I'll even give fake Morpheus a pass.
  4. KurganAU

    Grand Theft Auto VI

    Haven’t paid for a pre order yet since no point without physical. Keeping an eye out for the gameplay reveal. My hope is running a PS5 Pro with an LG C1 TV it can at least do the 40fps / 120hz magic. The implementation that comes to mind first is Ratchet and Clank but more games utilising it...
  5. KurganAU

    The Odyssey (2026)

    Went with a crew last night and saw it. Would give it a generous 6/10. Certain scenes were decent but overall very flat and stilted. I think of all the resources at their disposal and this is the best they came up with? If this movie is evidence Nolan has reverence for the source material and...
  6. KurganAU

    The Odyssey (2026)

    IMDB listing Ellen Page as "Sinon" Not in the Greek Homer's Iliad but from the Roman Virgil's Aeneid
  7. KurganAU

    Fauda

    After a few years hiatus, this show has started up again for Season 5. Apparently they had different scripts for season 5 initially. Whatever the original plan was, looks to be heavy on revenge for October 7 arc instead. I'm watching through high seas as it releases, but pretty sure it will be...
  8. KurganAU

    Widow's Bay

    Another +1 endorsement for this show. I caught up quickly with the 8 episodes that have been released so far. Not particularly into horror but I enjoy it when there is a different take on it. That can be achieved in a Mike Flanagan way fleshing everything out beyond jump scares, or this show's...
  9. KurganAU

    The First Descendant

    My playtime for this has gone down but I do make time for the login rewards most days and a mission or two. This game is at its best when a couple of updates have gone by and there’s a bunch of stuff for you to collect, whereby any activity you do results in progress of some kind. You feel the...
  10. KurganAU

    Highlander

    Some names in this I didn’t know were attached
  11. KurganAU

    Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

    Think you’re looking for Diablo 2 Resurrected thread since there are no Warlocks in Diablo 4 until the 2nd expansion launches April 28 I’m prolly gonna go Barb or Paladin this time, since Season 12 is a short one. Did Hammerdin last time, completed everything early then dipped out. Lots of...
  12. KurganAU

    The Netflix Thread

    At best, it was that bad. At worst it was the equivalent of a Concord level mismanagement the brand still hasn’t recovered from.
  13. KurganAU

    What tickles your pickle

    Getting terrible songs that should stay in the past stuck in peoples head 😉
  14. KurganAU

    Avengers: Doomsday (2025)

    I like the way you do that right thurr (right thurr) Switch your hips when your walkin', let down your hurr (down your hurr)
  15. KurganAU

    Avatar 3 (2025)

    Most packed I've seen the local cinema in ages. Surprised I had to queue down the corridor for a ticket, and that just as many people going for the 2D showing vs the 3D option. I remember being impressed with the first one back in 2009 and still impressed now with the third in terms of 3D. Took...