2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I shall enjoy that shit storm that is about to rain upon us

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait for the craziness. Leave tomorrow. Most everything I'm gonna see is in Barra Da Tijuca. Might swing over to Copa for that fine beach volleyball.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
If it weren't for the athletes, who have nothing to do with venue choice, being the primary recipients of any bad things that happen, I would probably giggle with glee if shit hit the absolute fan... er river. These shit shows of naming 3rd ass world countries for major world sporting events has got to stop. If your country doesn't already have the stuff in place to hold games in, that passes rigorous inspection, then you are out of consideration. End of story.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
If it weren't for the athletes, who have nothing to do with venue choice, being the primary recipients of any bad things that happen, I would probably giggle with glee if shit hit the absolute fan... er river. These shit shows of naming 3rd ass world countries for major world sporting events has got to stop. If your country doesn't already have the stuff in place to hold games in, that passes rigorous inspection, then you are out of consideration. End of story.
It's pretty fucked up. These people train for years and years and then they have to deal with this shit. And even if they power through and do well, people will always question it's legitimacy due to soandso not being there.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Good times to be had by all. Russia out? Check. Can't swim with head in water? Check. Amazing police force? Check. Zika in Florida? Checkmate bitches.

• 1Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Paralympics held there as well. By the end of these games that side of the roster maybe larger than when it began.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Olympics hosted in third world countries: CNN discusses equality of everyone, everywhere.

• 2Like

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Fucked up thing is until recently Brazil has not acted like a third world country. They had a huge boom in its economy.... right until they won the Olympic bid. Olympics are a fucking curse.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Brazil won the Olympic bid for Rio back when their economy was exploding, Brazil specific ETF's were popping up, and the world thought Brazil was going to be the next up and coming economic powerhouse. That never really happened, and instead Brazil is in a tailspin recession.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Brazil won the Olympic bid for Rio back when their economy was exploding, Brazil specific ETF's were popping up, and the world thought Brazil was going to be the next up and coming economic powerhouse. That never really happened, and instead Brazil is in a tailspin recession.

Corruption killed Brazil, same as it kills every other third-world shit hole.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I posted on the old boards about it, but I feel like the Olympics are outdated at this point. A century ago when there wasn't instant worldwide communication and international flights, it made more sense. But what's the point now? It's mostly sports no one gives a shit about outside of the Olympics.

If they want to keep this thing going, pick a single city (Athens?) and just do it there every time from here on out. Maybe it'll help the Greek economy's tailspin?

• 2Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Let this shit-fest begin! But hey, the USA men's basketball team is staying on a luxury yacht!

Wonder if the mosquitos can find a way in?