A Plague Tale: Requiem

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
I did not found any thread for it :)

Release on the 18.10.2022 on XBOX (Gamepass) and 17.10.2022 on PC (Gamepass)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

That is such bullshit and horribly un optimized. There is no way to have a game at 1440p on series X locked to 30. What this means is they have a bunch of Jack wagons working for them. When I launch this game on gamepass it better look better than 100% of the games out there in spades. But I guarantee you it will look not even 40% of what HZD does in performance mode and run like complete shit.

• 1Truth!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Games are running at 120fps at 4k these days. Granted they are not graphical masterpieces but if you cannot get and xbox x to run your game at 2K 60fps you failed.

• 1Truth!

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
I was not aware, but playing the first level until the bird shows up, it looks really nice on the xbox x on 4k ... I will for sure finish this one as I enjoyed the first one also. I am not much of an FPS geek, so I only judge if it feels good to play, which is the case for me

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Didn't play the first one but my first impressions of this game are (1) holy crap it is gorgeous. Some of the scenery and detail is just amazing. It isn't really a twitchy game so the FPS doesn't really bother me in tangible ways yet (XBOXX on OLED). (2) the gameplay is pretty boring. Hiding in grass? Distracting guards with rocks? Dropping platforms? Holding levers? Its all very hum-drum to me. The rats are cool but they are really just a puzzle entity. Maybe it will get better when I unlock more alchemies? (3) I like the world and story so far. It is pretty dark.

Overall, this game is kinda neat but I just wish they had thought more about the actual gameplay. Feels like cross between Tomb Raider from the 90s and Thief...errr also from the 90s? Makes you realize how many godamned games you've played and how they are mostly the same or similar.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This game is fucking horrible.

HDR doesn’t even exist. The settings to calibrate HDR in game are laughable. Lip sync is off by about two seconds and feels like I’m watching a dubbed movie. As suspected, the graphics themselves are sub HZD which ran and played FAR better. If I had paid money for this I would be fucking pissed.

1440p upscaled 30 FPS on a Series X is a joke. I was going to reserve full judgement until I saw it. Texture pop fucking everywhere and the graphics on anything in performance mode in any game via PS5 and Series X destroy this. Jesus H christ what a giant leap backwards in development. I’m mean holy fuck.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Utnayan Utnayan
necroing an old thread, but I totally disagree.

i suppose it comes down to what you want out of a game these days. with endless “open world” games out there, which of course I get side-tracked into picking up every rock and flower there is because I must have mental disorder, it is really nice to have an “on the rails” game.

i just bought this and innocence on steam as part of a sale and for 35$ I am extremely happy. The story is very engaging and compelling, the game style is a refreshing mixup from repetitive combat style games(I just got done with another assassin’s creed so maybe that added a recent bias). I’ll admit the graphics are not as insane as some other newer stuff but that’s not a huge deal for me. The main character is believable and flawed. It’s one of those “movie games”.

if anyone is looking for a great story and less hack and slash button mashing I would strongly recommend this game and it’s predecessor (Innocence). Play them in order to really follow along properly. Happy to write a more detailed opinion tomorrow when I’m not on iPad if people care.

By the way, the lips sync fine if you have it in French, which I believe it was intended to be with English subtitles.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I loved the first one. (Which also didn't have lip sync issues, ran at 60fps, and was better produced) - I cannot back or condone any company that cannot come through with at least 2k60 on a Series X, ESPECIALLY when the 1st game nailed 40k60 with true HDR color correlation.

This was a fucking cheap ass technical disaster for Series X period.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was a fucking cheap ass technical disaster for Series X period.
From what I recall it was even worse on PS5 and it struggled on all but the highest end PCs as well. The game just wasn't optimized much at all at release (and it doesn't sound as if the patches did a whole lot either). They did try to fix the HDR though, but again not sure how well it worked.

• 1Like