Abacrone - Custom EQ

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Saw this on the EQEmu server list, looks like a new custom content server. Launches on 29SEP2016, so later this week. I'm going to check it out, though the "Aba" in Abacrone makes me think that this is an Abacab server.

Abacrone Server
The content combines a little old school style mixed with a custom storyline and custom progression. With over 100 gear items lootable from various npc's in starting zones, custom chest spawns, custom gear drops from old and new npc's, as well as custom npc's setup in the Nexus to help your game play.

ABACRONE is not the most customized server on EQEmu, but the effort to create a unique experience to progress right alongside a custom storyline that will continue to grow and evolve in a new direction. More released content with evolving storyline every 4-6 months.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Who was the dude that just went completely insane and just quoted himself and his page long intro every time time he got called out. I want to read that again...

I apologize for forgetting this titan of shit posting.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Nnn

2016-09-25 08.22.17.png

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If you look at the EQemu forums you see he is thanking Maze for sharing the NL database from which this guy got the buff bot and probably some other scripts.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The buff bot on NL was shit anyway. Level 65 and it would cast useless vision buffs, resist cold / resist fire instead of circle of seasons, etc. The cleric buff was from the level 40s. After Maze said he was willing to re-work it, I sent him a full list of buffs that were level appropriate as well as ones to be removed all by spell id # to make things easier. It was never implemented.

I wouldn't hold any hopes for this server, but this is one of the things that needed to be looked at.

VoG and NL2.0 seem to be doing just fine. No clue what niche this is trying to fill.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's filling the "hey emu's are currently undergoing a surge of popularity so let me throw my hat in the ring too" niche.

:p

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not associated with this server.

Or any server in that fact.

I've given code to people, that's about it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
My experience so far. Made a Dark Elf Mage, my bind point is my origin point which is sort of inconvenient since it's two zones of running to get to a mob. Turns out all the level 1 mobs in Nektulous are removed, so everything is yellow/red even once I made it to level 2.

Rerolled as a human mage in Freeport, as soon as I zone into WFP it says "zoning into Arena" and punts me but instead of Arena I'm back in Freeport, infinite zoning loop. I have to /q fast to get out but EQemu login servers are down atm.

Moral of the story, don't make a dark elf, and don't make a human in FP unless you're already running old freeport on your client.

P.s. You do need bone chips/malachite

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Been playing a lot this weekend, server is still improving a lot. The GM is on quite a bit and is actively fixing things as we play. He added home city porters to Nexus last night, changed some hotzones around, fixed a zonebug in Freeport and Nektulous and removed some mobs in a few zones that were bugged.

About to be level 60 with 30ish hours played. The grind is very fast up until 50. Got the server first Nag/Vox last night. The server has Bots and Mercs for those who prefer not to box. My crew is Bard / Wiz / Mage with a War / Cler / Wiz merc

The Shards of Dalaya team has basically fallen apart and one of them are planning to make a new custom server too. SoD was awesome in its day. Also they have their own development tools specifically to make new content within EQ, so if he gets to keep those tools it could be pretty fast to make a new server.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user