Ambulance (2022)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Holy fuck, I hated this movie so much. I'm baffled by this being one of Bay's best reviewed films.

The story was dumb on multiple levels, not the least of which when Danny brought in his Mexican gangbanging friends with their remote controlled gatling gun car. And then you have like 5000 cops on the case and they're doing all this strategizing and tactics and all they have to do is is stop one fucking ambulance. It's ridiculously overwrought. But, at least it's a normal level of blockbuster stupidity.

The real offense was the constant cutting and pointless and overly elaborate camera shots. You could go a dozen minutes in the film and not have a single shot last more than three seconds. There was this one line one of the cops delivered and there were three separate cuts while he was saying one relatively short sentence. It's insanity. Then you have these drone shots that are just going all over the place. Why do we need a shot of the camera going up a tall building, turning and flying back down, just to eventually see the ambulance. Michael Bay has never seen a moment where he thought a scene could breath. There's no rhythm, just constant cutting for no purpose.

I'm also pretty sure whenever anyone was walking/running, at least 50% of the camera shots were looking up from the ground. Then you have the constant shots of actors being in front of the strong sunlight as the camera rotates around. And god damn all the camera rotation around the focal point of a shot. Just Will going to talk to Danny initially there's all these swooping rotations for just a simple fucking conversation. It's insanity.

It's honestly just all so offensive from a cinematography and filmmaking perspective. It's like Bay was given a green light to revel in his worst excesses. I only hope Jake Gyllenhaal got at least half of the budget to demean himself with this wretched piece of shit.

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
^ I agree with this in general, but I still enjoyed it. Watched it on a flight and thought the movie was far better than it had any right to be. You put this same story in the hands of ANY other director, and it would be just a stereotypical episode of your average crime show. But it was because of Bay's "make everything look epic" approach that it actually made it an enjoyable popcorn flick. I'll still probably never think of it again after this, but he took a bargain bin story and made it better, so I guess he has that going for him.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
The best way to describe this movie is "Michael Bay at his Michael Bay-est, THIS TIME WITH 300% MORE DRONES. Jake Gyllenhaal chews every scene so hard. Come see some practical explosions and scenes clearly shot in Covid Protocols, so there will never be more than 3 people in the foreground. 7/10"

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The trailer literally tells you the whole movie in 2 minutes. With an ending predictable as ever.