Android 7.0, 7.1, 7.1.1, 7.1.2 Nougat OS

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
No, unless it was something specific that you fixed in a follow up thread. They could then be merged.

Are you talking about your android thread? Just let it slide away into oblivion.

Yes @a_skeleton_03 this one.

The destruction of the net neutrality regulation, by Republicans and the big four carriers, has put a brick wall in my ability to select a new phone. I'll never be able to afford the big league prices for service. If I can't afford LTE or the coming 5G network that this regulatory provision makes possible for me now, why buy a phone that supports it. And what happens to the little sub carriers that targets people like me?
The new processor chips that will be manufactured in the coming months will utilize more or the different radio frequencies which are limited to the different networks ie. GSM, CDMA PCS, TDMA and their subs.
My problem lies in getting a phone versatile enough to purchase the best (cheap) data plan of the month.

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I would love to see Android make some sweeping changes to the way Bluetooth works. My understanding is that Apple is able to connect on a per application basis, while Android just connects the device and that is that.

For example, my old ass car doesn't have built in Bluetooth so I have to use a Bluetooth dongle to listen to music/podcasts/audiobooks through my phone. However, that is not at all ideal for talking on the phone, and I have an in ear Bluetooth for taking calls. With Android if I am driving and have my music playing through the Bluetooth dongle and I get a phone call, I have to manually switch to my in ear piece. My understanding with Apple is that the phone call would go directly to the in ear piece because you can configure it that way.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong here on how it works on Android vs Apple. But one of my buddies here at work likes Android except for this one piece, and it is a deal breaker for him since he uses Bluetooth so much.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I would love to see Android make some sweeping changes to the way Bluetooth works. My understanding is that Apple is able to connect on a per application basis, while Android just connects the device and that is that.

For example, my old ass car doesn't have built in Bluetooth so I have to use a Bluetooth dongle to listen to music/podcasts/audiobooks through my phone. However, that is not at all ideal for talking on the phone, and I have an in ear Bluetooth for taking calls. With Android if I am driving and have my music playing through the Bluetooth dongle and I get a phone call, I have to manually switch to my in ear piece. My understanding with Apple is that the phone call would go directly to the in ear piece because you can configure it that way.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong here on how it works on Android vs Apple. But one of my buddies here at work likes Android except for this one piece, and it is a deal breaker for him since he uses Bluetooth so much.

In bluetooth settings hit the gear icon next to your car connection and uncheck phone audio. For the ear piece, do the same but uncheck media audio. This is the exact same setup I had for a while.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
In bluetooth settings hit the gear icon next to your car connection and uncheck phone audio. For the ear piece, do the same but uncheck media audio. This is the exact same setup I had for a while.
Holy shit, I had no idea this existed. Just tested it and it did indeed work. Thanks!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm still on 5, should i bother with anything? rooted, but i don't think i care anymore

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
i'm still on 5, should i bother with anything? rooted, but i don't think i care anymore

You're on Android 5.0? Since you're rooted, update your rom or flash a new one that has the newest version of Android that will work on your phone. Even if you don't care about new features, there have been a lot of security holes plugged since 5.