Anyone here ride dirt bikes? Off-road 4x4? Anything off-road?

rectifryer

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like fucking shit up off road. Getting ready to to a scrambler build of a crf650r. I know, I know, scramblers are hipster faggotry. Well I'm a faggot.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like the looks of the honda scrambler but doubt I could ever buy something so faggy.

HondaSCL500Scrambler-2-MOTORESS.jpg

The ducati looks more the part but it's a lot more money.

DSC_0972_d58b1b70-027d-4cd0-873b-134ba89bfb05_1200x1200.jpg

Honestly though you're probably better off on a KTM adventure than any scrambler style.

rectifryer

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got a hard on for that scrambler a few years back but opted for an FTR instead. I rode that for a year and realized two things:

It was FAR FUCKING FASTER than advertised

It did not belong off road

Absolute hooligan of a bike but now I'm back full circle. I've realized that weight is everything off road and I need something like a 300lb enduro rather than those 400+lb adventure bikes/flat track racers/ sleds.

I'm not looking to buy a literal Ducati scrambler, I am just retrofitting the style to an existing dirt bike. Far easier to change a tank and weld a seat than it is to convert a street bike.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I casually off road, mostly rentals and sometimes taking my pickup places but nothing serious. Friend had a built CJ with 38s on it he used to go crawling on it. Broke shit every time and he finally got tired of fixing it 10x as much as going out and sold it.

These days I'm more partial to calmer trails to see things and have a day out rather than the expensive version of playing in a sandbox where you take your 4x4 to the most technical part of a trail in the middle of nowhere and just smash your vehicle against it until you get towed home.

I briefly considered a SxS before COVID price hikes but man I just justify it, just like a boat. Even if I go one weekend a month in the summer someplace, renting is 5-10x cheaper. Sucks, they are super fun and are amazing out in the dunes or at Moab. If I lived on land that connected to trails instead of a preserve, I'd maybe reconsider. But fuck the things cost the same as a new Wrangler now.