Big News of the Day Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't know how many people are like me out there that don't ever watch or listen to news as it happens. Instead, I get all of my news information (at first) from Message Boards, before I dive a little more in depth to find answers I'm after.

Last night, I had an idea for a new thread. News of the day. Big stories or events.
Post links to videos or articles, and that's it. This isn't a discussion thread. Just a purely "information" thread.
All responses should be in the thread that pertains to the subject.

I'll start it off.

Sunday, December 25th, 2016
Christmas Day!

George Michael dies at 53: report

Responses: George Michael died

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
2016 claims another one.

It's not like he was a musical genious or anything, but he was fucking huge in the 80's and early 90's.

I saw this earlier and I thought "this is what it actually means to get old. All the people that you were familiar with as a child start to die off, and you haven't bothered to keep track of any of the new ones". Like someone posted a clip from the Fake-Furgeson replacement show where he had a cutup of about 20 singers all singing karoke with him in a car. I knew who maybe 2 of them were. But they were obviously all currently relevant singers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
@Amod, please edit thread to just be a link to Google.com with a circle around the "News" button on the dropdown.

• 3Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I don't watch news and hate the idea that I get my shit from Reddit since they have been censoring things....

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I took a poop today.

Before or after your shower? Or was there no shower? Plain TP or baby wipes? How many levels of Candy Crush did you complete.? Did you do a Courtesy Flush? Or just fowl up the joint?

I should be writing for HuffPo or Salon.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Before or after your shower? Or was there no shower?

Before. The poop was this morning, the shower was this afternoon.

Plain TP or baby wipes?

Scott brand toilet tissue (not the cheapo quality but the next step up)
Scott Naturals wet wipes for the fatality

How many levels of Candy Crush did you complete.?

I actually read the Wikipedia article on naginata.

Did you do a Courtesy Flush? Or just fowl up the joint?

I like to sit in it and use the time to contemplate what a worthless person I am.

I should be writing for HuffPo or Salon.

You have my endorsement.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You all suck for shitting on my idea. I'm not going to give up, though!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
After a shocking turn of events I now have diarrhea after eating and drinking too much this Christmas. Stay tuned for more updates during the night on explosiveness and consistency of my shits.

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You all suck for shitting on my idea. I'm not going to give up, though!
I kinda like the idea. At my old job due to website restrictions I used to read CNN and other news sites pretty regularly out of boredom. Since leaving that job though, and without local news stations I never know wtf is going on in the world. I liked this idea.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I went to Chipotle today and bought a bowl. The bowl pictured below was the not bowl that I purchased but it shares a similar approximation to the one I brought home and then ate.

cmg_fd_steakbowl_300-e1400181721565.jpg

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I went to Chipotle today and bought a bowl. The bowl pictured below was the not bowl that I purchased but it shares a similar approximation to the one I brought home and then ate.

View attachment 109090

Please update us when said bowl has completed it journey to it's new home in the porcelain bowl

• 1Like

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
After a shocking turn of events I now have diarrhea after eating and drinking too much this Christmas. Stay tuned for more updates during the night on explosiveness and consistency of my shits.

I took the biggest Shit today. I looked around the junk drawer in the kitchen for 15 mins trying to find a umbrella to plant on it like an achievement.

• 2Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I took the biggest Shit today. I looked around the junk drawer in the kitchen for 15 mins trying to find a umbrella to plant on it like an achievement.

Sounds like the week I discovered Citrucel. Pretty sure it was pushing out stuff that went in while I was still in high school.
My pants were falling down all day and I had to buy a belt.

11044546?wid=450&hei=450&fmt=pjpeg.jpg

• 3Like

iannis

Musty Nester

desiretoknowmore.png

• 1Like