Binding of Isaac Rebirth (Nov 4th)

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Release date is Nov 4th and taking pre-orders. 33% off if you have the original installed.

rrr_img_75639.jpg

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I suck so horribly at the original. I've beat Mom all of once. lol I am looking forward to the Boiler and Balls of Steel leagues race this. Cobaltstreak is probably the most ridiculous Isaac player I've seen so I'm looking forward to seeing him try to break the game.

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
I loved Isaac so much. BoI is the only game in the last 10 years I actually put in work to platinum. Pre ordered, cannot wait.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I suck so horribly at the original. I've beat Mom all of once. lol I am looking forward to the Boiler and Balls of Steel leagues race this. Cobaltstreak is probably the most ridiculous Isaac player I've seen so I'm looking forward to seeing him try to break the game.
I actually discovered Cobalt and Twitch for the first time looking for Isaac strats. That was more than a year and a half ago; I subbed to his channel about 2 months of watching. I respect BoILR for being the first but BoS has whipped it's ass in terms of excitement and skill since it became a thing.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I definitely agree with BoS being far more entertaining now. I actually don't watch BoILR half as much since BoS started.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I definitely agree with BoS being far more entertaining now. I actually don't watch BoILR half as much since BoS started.
I can consistently get to and beat the womb with really sub par builds; going there for a tournament of the supposed "best" Isaac players is just lame. The BoS rules and going to the chest just make it much more of a skill based tourney.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rise from the grave, pre-loading is up on Steam and game is out in 20hrs.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is the deal over? I can't seem to get the discount even though I have the original installed.

edit: guess it is. Will pick up on a steam sale.

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
Really fucking digging rebirth. The atmosphere, new rooms and the item combos are fucking nuts. This game will easily chew through another 200 hours of my life as I go for platinum haha.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
As an extremely casual BoI player (~25 hours played, spaced over a few months) I can't really identify what's new and what isn't, outside of some new bosses. What I can identify and do appreciate, though, is that this isn't powered by fucking flash anymore. Certainly gonna be fun to unlock all of this stuff!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So this came out today? I figured since I got it for free on PS+ that it was a bit older. Neat.

The co-op is interesting, and kind of fun.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I wish that there was more new to this supposedly new version of Isaac. Aside from the engine it feels more like a mod that added rectangular rooms, cosmetics, mob tweaks, and some items. Is there an entirely new series of floors at least? Something besides heaven/hell/chest?

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Like someone said, moving off of the Flash engine is probably this games biggest selling point.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Killed Mom over lunch today. Feels good man.

This is the only thread where saying that shouldn't be an instant call to the police.