Biographies

Pontius_sl

shitlord
I like to read about historical stuff/rock trivia and people's rise and demise. Most subjects are of interest, so go ahead and share. Some examples :

The first rock band i heard as an 11 year old, the music is mostly shit, but good read :

The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band,

and : The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star.

Lemmy : White line fever.

Slash's bio etc.

Hitler by Ian Kershaw (tough read, but still very insightful)

Albert Speer, not very credible, but still fun : Spandau: The Secret Diaries.

Plenty more, but this is a start. Post on.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Heroin Diaries was amazing.

Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life was good; it's Steve Martin.

Maybe not really autobiographical, but I liked The Salmon of Doubt, which was Douglas Adams. It's some posthumous collection of previously unreleased articles/short stories, as well as his musings on life.

Geisha of Gion was written by the woman Memoirs of a Geisha was based off of. They took some liberties with her life story, so she wrote about her own life to clear it up. Might be more of a chick's book but I found it fascinating.

The next book I want to read is Kitchen Confessionals; I'm a culinary graduate so things like this interest me, and ALSO Anthony Bourdain is just awesome. I love him.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Really loved Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis of RHCP. Devoured it in a single setting and re-read it a few months later, it's an excellent read if you're a fan of the band or remotely interesting in rock star biographies/the music business/drug addiction.

6a00d8341cd41453ef011571e66da1970b-800wi

ringer_sl

shitlord
Stalin: Court of the red Tsar is a pretty good read.

Also, not sure if it counts as a biography, but The Right Stuff by Tom Wolfe is a great read about the early days of manned space flight.