BLUE EYE SAMURAI

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Asians are fairly traditional and can be extremely racist. Japanese more so than any other Asians in the pecking order of things (they're still the most xenophobic Asian country in the world today).

So no, I wasn't surprised when I despised him least out of all the antagonists.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is good shit.

Seems every few years Netflix can produce something of quality. Although I dislike that they made the main character a woman in name only. As she acts in every other way like a man which just doesn't really make sense. Similar situations like Mulan or Arya in Game of Thrones had very explicit reasons for the characters pretending to be men and made it part of the story itself. This just makes her like a dyke but for some inexplicable reason the other characters in the show don't acknowledge it nor does her being female really affect anything else.

Woke gonna woke I guess.

Last edited:

Ome

Molten Core Raider
This is good shit.

Seems every few years Netflix can produce something of quality. Although I dislike that they made the main character a woman in name only. As she acts in every other way like a man which just doesn't really make sense. Similar situations like Mulan or Arya in Game of Thrones had very explicit reasons for the characters pretending to be men and made it part of the story itself. This just makes her like a dyke but for some inexplicable reason the other characters in the show don't acknowledge it nor does her being female really affect anything else.

Woke gonna woke I guess.
Much like blue eyes are seen in a bad light her just being a woman samurai probably wouldn't fly and would attract to much attention. As for her character she has lived a tough life. Her reason for existence is revenge. She has been raised by a man who taught her how to be a blacksmith, learned from men, studied them and is a hardened individual. She's not a soft and loving type of person. Makes sense to me why she's not only looking the part but why she acts it as well.

As for her being female I think they do address it. One example is the Four Fangs. She doesn't just charge in all Rey Skywalker like. She has to divide and conquer and nearly dies in the process.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user