Book Club?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Hullo guys
smile.png

I never explored outside the Screenshots forum back at FoH, so I am wondering if there was a Book Club thread, or if anyone had ever attempted to organize some kind of book club for interested forumites?

Thoughts?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Not that I'm aware of. I think I understand what you're getting at, but typically everyone just posted under whatever author/series and discussed them there, or gave recommendations in the recommendation threads, or mentioned what they just bought, etc. As far as I know there was never a "Let's all read this book and get together in a week" type of thread. I'm sure there will be a few that are interested, and it never hurts to try. Well, as long as you don't insist on books like Twilight or My Life as a Tranny. Although come to think of it, you might have a lot more success with those than I would anticipate.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If someone started something up, picked decent books, and had a reasonable time period for reading before discussion then I would be down. The only thing I insist on is My Life as a Tranny be our first book.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Sounds like a good idea for a thread. I have a proposal for the set up:

1. Make thread, 1 week notice ahead of time when the reading will officially start.
2. Poster creates poll, 5 book options. Highest vote is the book to be read. The 2nd and 3rd most popular voted books may be included in next RBCT poll perhaps.
3. Sony you have 14 days.... Posters establish reading length time. Spoilers obv need to be in just about every post. Format would be "Im on page XXX: Spoiler"
4. After the established time has passed, people can being posts without spoiler tags, and a new thread could be proposed.

I like it.

Baraz_sl

shitlord
I would definitely be down for this. Trying to broaden my reading. Been sticking to the same fantasy genre stuff for too long now.

Sterling

El Presidente
I wouldn't mind getting into this at some point, not sure I'd be able to every book, but would like to be involved from time to time.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I'd give it a try as long as we stuck to light(ish) reading

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Okay! Went away to work with my editor for the holiday, and went no-net for a few days. I'm glad the idea is taking off...I see a January book thread, I shall peek into there for some further info
smile.png