Boxing

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Big fight this weekend! I want Pacman to pull it out just to see him fight Rios next.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't follow boxing closely, why isn't Pacquiao fighting Bradley?

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
What a great fight. I was sure Pacquiao was on his way to a victory. Seemed like he was getting the upper hand. I guess it caused him to get a bit too cocky/careless though. Nothing really surprises me with these guys though. I think they could fight again and Pacquiao do the same thing to Marquez.

If they fight like the did tonight, I'd gladly watch a 5th fight.

Former presidential hopeful Mitt Romney was at ringside with his wife Ann and shook Pacquiao's hand before the match to wish him success. Pacquiao is an elected congressman in his native Philippines.
Shame on you Mitt, spreading that loser funk onto Pacman.
mad.png

Also congrats to Mayweather and his extreme greed. How much is that fight gonna bring now? You dumbass.

mad.png

mad.png

mad.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wasn't expecting that last night. It doesn't surprise me(which is why I love the sport.) That last few fights I felt like Manny just wasn't totally committed. He just relies more on talent now than training. He still looked good up until he walked into those 2 right hands. It's just he would never get hit with shit like that. I don't rule a fight with Floyd out yet. His loss doesn't mean he would lose to Floyd but it's not looking good:-( Assuming Manny takes the rematch, he could win if he just boxed and was less reckless. He's so effective with his angles. But damn, that knockout might of sealed his career. Some fighters never recover from something that devastating this late in. cough Roy Jones Jr..

I guess I'm not surprised either. This week will be filled with a bit of "Marquez is 39 years old, got huge in the last 2 fights and his S&C trainer is dirty as you can be" and rightfully so. But whatever. Manny gets KO'd, Floyd looked vulnerable for a minute in his last fight. If they ever do fight now, who gives a fuck.

Manny is no where near done as a fighter but he should still retire, he has too much other shit going on. I was hoping he'd fight Rios if he won so he could Margarito him.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess I'm not surprised either. This week will be filled with a bit of "Marquez is 39 years old, got huge in the last 2 fights and his S&C trainer is dirty as you can be" and rightfully so. But whatever. Manny gets KO'd, Floyd looked vulnerable for a minute in his last fight. If they ever do fight now, who gives a fuck.

Manny is no where near done as a fighter but he should still retire, he has too much other shit going on. I was hoping he'd fight Rios if he won so he could Margarito him.
I've always been a bigger Floyd fan. I just think he is the better boxer but I will never argue how much manny meant to the sport. He pretty much carried it for years. There is a ton of budding stars so we are in a good spot but I will miss him if he did retire. I don't think he will b/c he was winning the fight. He just needs to decide if he wants to finish his career strong or wear 15 hats and not put 100% into it. I actually kind of feel bad as he answered some questions for me on his boxing char earlier in the week. The one question I asked him was if he felt he needed to get back to being a more volume puncher.. He responded saying he needs to be more aggressive for sure. Marquez admitted after the fight he felt like he was about to be knocked out too. That punch he threw was almost desperation at that point.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol I'm waiting to hear what's reported on the drug test. I bet for the first time it's reported regardless of how it tested by the major sports sites.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I don't follow boxing regularly. I should have known the first great fight I'd seen in years would be marred by a steroid controversy.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha it's not that bad though. Boxing has been great and it's getting better. Some serious talent out there and promising young heavyweights. This is a great time to start following it again.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I don't follow boxing regularly. I should have known the first great fight I'd seen in years would be marred by a steroid controversy.
There shouldnt be at all. I doubt Marquez was on roids. he has a little more defination in his body, but he also said he started to do muscle training which he didnt really do at all. Its not that hard to freaking gain muscle if you work out. Its pretty fucking easy and if your an elite athlete its even easier.

Anyways, great fight. They were throwing their fists and it was fun. Boxing has had some good fights lately and there is some good young talent out there.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep! Some quality fights this weekend. Hoping Donaire and Rigondeaux both win so they can fight next!

Anyone who has showtime has to check out Deontay Wilder this weekend. He's fighting on the undercard of the Khan fight. He's my big hope for heavyweight.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Alvarez is saying he's close to a deal with Floyd for May 4. Seems like Floyd is going back and forth with Guerrero and Alvarez. I'd enjoy either at this point. Saul being a bigger draw I guess.