Call of Duty: WW II 2017

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
Its still only rumor at this point but 2017's Call of Duty version is apparently going to take place in WW2 and is being made by Sledgehammer Games.

yR7BgJR.jpg

For those unfamiliar, 3 studios work on Call of Duty and each releases a game every third year.

Treyarch - last was Black Ops 3, considered a fantastic game
Infinity Ward - Ghosts and last years Infinite Warfare, both considered the worst of the COD recent games
Sledgehammer Games - Advanced Warfare was their last, it was ok (it was the Kevin Spacey one)

Raven Games is the one who remastered Modern Warfare last year which is part of the Infinite Warfare packages.

I know lots of people hate on COD but it is still the best selling game every year and I still login and play IW and Modern Warfare a few times a week, IW is a giant turd (the SP campaign is really good though, a better Mass Effect 4 really) but MW is really fun, WW2 could be fun with quick TTKs and boots on the ground FPS.

This weekend for example the promo'd MW MP game mode is slasher, which is basically 8 v 1 with one person being the "zombie". Easy way to afk and get 4k points a game lol

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I haven't played the last 3 CoD games but CoD 5 WaW was definitely my favorite. I really hope the go back to the ww2 setting I want bayonets and iron sight snipers damn it!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its been a long time since I have purchased a COD game; Black Ops 2? However, I will be back for this one......

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Pretty easy to tell what happened. They saw people creamed themselves over Battlefield 1, then they decided that people like old stuff. Since they couldn't do WW1, they went back to WW2 since there have been a few recent WW2 movies that were well received.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Meh. I don't know if I'll care at all. The only thing still redeeming snit CoD to me is the sheer amount of unlocks and customization.

You lose a lot of that going to WW2.

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
Im a BF fan but BF1 is not doing it for me. I like WaW so this could be promising. I mean who doesnt love WW2?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That trailer was pretty freaking bland compared to CoD / BF ones preceding it. Hell I bought BLOPS3 just because of the damn trailer. This... meh.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I like how the tracers look like the tracers from the original game, a few of the cutscenes look like the orignial game as well, not sure how to explain it other than that.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's like those things that take the average for faces in a country and show the result, but for WW2 visuals. It just does literally nothing to stand out from every other WW2 thing we've ever seen over the past 30 years :p

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Was fucking tired of WW2 games back in 07 before Modern Warfare came out.

Nothing has changed in a decade.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was fucking tired of WW2 games back in 07 before Modern Warfare came out.

Nothing has changed in a decade.
That is also a huge factor, obviously, and that's why the lack of "distinct" stands out. The new Wolfenstein games were still about shootin' Nazis but they were a new take on the whole thing. BF1 is WW1 which is less overdone and STILL makes some tweaks to make it more unique.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok time for dice time to do it again.

Battlefield Vietnam!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yup, it's a CoD WW2 game. The trailer is exactly what one would expect.

They better bring back carentan for MP and I might judge it a bit more favorably