Car Insurance / Home Insurance

Siliconemelons

That's bullshit

That is what i was told lol, with my recent hit i have not even told my insurance and only directly called the lady who hit me insurance, made a claim to them, got them to take liability and pay for it all etc

My wife it took almost a year for everything, the lady was a Uber driver ad the Uber insurance took it

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That is what i was told lol, with my recent hit i have not even told my insurance and only directly called the lady who hit me insurance, made a claim to them, got them to take liability and pay for it all etc

My wife it took almost a year for everything, the lady was a Uber driver ad the Uber insurance took it
thats what i researched too a few years ago when my wife was rear ended as well, they say the instant you get your insurance involved w/ a case number, your rates will take a hit

the guy that hit her was army so usaa! they were actually really great to work with, i think 2 weeks? new bumper and whatever body damage needed work

fris

Vyemm Raider
How much of a pain in the ass is it to switch if my car and home are through state farm? I've basically had the same account with them since I turned 16 and rates are just bananas now.

Do they need to do an inspection to switch my home over?

Do I need to do anything with my bank? They have an escrow going

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Anachron

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How much of a pain in the ass is it to switch if my car and home are through state farm? I've basically had the same account with them since I turned 16 and rates are just bananas now.

Do they need to do an inspection to switch my home over?

Do I need to do anything with my bank? They have an escrow going
You will need to update the insurance info at your bank but that's about it. Best to inform them of the switch before it happens, as they will freak out when your current insurance company contacts them about their coverage ending.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
It all depends on the state. If you’re not at fault most states require the insurance companies not to count it vs rate increases even if you use your own insurance. It doesn’t mean you can’t have rate increases if the state department of insurance allows them to increase rates for everyone for the year. Some states have taken 5 years to approve rate hikes. That’s why insurance rates are going up the past year. California actually took 7 years to approve my companies increase and only approved it up to 40% of what we were asking for. That’s why insurance companies are leaving that state. 0 profit .