Cars 3 (2017)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Cars 3 (2017)

Genre: Comedy, Animation, Adventure

Director: Brian Fee

Cast: Owen Wilson, Cristela Alonzo, Chris Cooper, Armie Hammer, Bonnie Hunt, Larry the Cable Guy, Nathan Fillion, Kerry Washington, Lea DeLaria, Tony Shalhoub, Guido Quaroni, Lloyd Sherr, Paul Dooley, Cheech Marin, Jenifer Lewis, Lewis Hamilton, Bob Costas, Bob Peterson, Katherine Helmond, John Ratzenberger, Michael Wallis, Ray Magliozzi, Tom Magliozzi, Isiah Whitlock Jr., Junior Johnson, Margo Martindale, Chase Elliott, Ryan Blaney, Darrell Wallace Jr., Darrell Waltrip, Shannon Spake, Humpy Wheeler, Jeff Gordon, Daniel Suárez, Kyle Petty, Mike Joy, Ray Evernham, Richard Petty, Paul Newman, Jason Pace, Angel Oquendo

Release: 2017-06-15

Plot: Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician with her own plan to win, inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet, and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn't through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage!

Last edited by a moderator:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Cars 3

I'm all in on the Cars movies. I really love the first one. 2nd one has some issues, but it's still a decent movie. And this new one looks good as well. Maybe it's because I drive like an asshole, but that trailer bothered me, watching the start of the wreck. I know my daughter is excited to see this (she loves the first 2), and demanded we pick them up on blu-ray for our new TV. She also likes Planes, which is close enough.

Cars 3 - Wikipedia

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I haven't seen the new trailer. The old one looked like they went and grimdarked Cars. I'm not sure if the kids are ready for Lightning McQueen with a drinking problem making questionable sexual choices.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I want to see inherently genderless objects tackling LGBTQ issues, should be more interesting than the first 2 movies.

• 1Worf

Siliconemelons

The first one was honestly to me long and boring but was serious in nature. 2 was silly and stupid and totally not serious in nature... 3 looks like we are back to seriousness even more.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This entire series is total shit. The Pixar people know it too, but it churns out buckets of cash from merchandising.

Pixar's Cars—which earned $462 million in theatrical revenues and was only a modest hit by comparison to other Pixar films[9]—generated global merchandise sales of over $8 billion in the five years after its 2006 release

^^ THAT ^^ is the only reason we have to keep enduring this garbage series.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This entire series is total shit. The Pixar people know it too, but it churns out buckets of cash from merchandising.

^^ THAT ^^ is the only reason we have to keep enduring this garbage series.
/close thread

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My daughter doesn't have any of the toys. She just legit likes the movies. One of her favorite things we did while at Disneyland was taking a picture with Mader, and driving in the "cars race circuit" thing.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My youngest loves cars in general, so she digs the movie. We do have one toy from the series, but the rest are just generic cars or Hot Wheels.

I definitely have to endure it, but whatever, I expose my kids to enough acceptable shit that I can sit through a shitty kid thing every now and then.

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just got home from seeing this with my daughter. She really liked it a lot (it did push "girl power!" front and center). The movie was well done. If this is an end to the series, they did quite well. But they also left it open for a 4th, should they decide to do that.

Worth watching if you like the series. If not, don't waste your time. It's more of the same, but Pixar shows again that their trilogy movies are very strong. Toy Story 3 and Cars 3 are both great films.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I may see it tonight. Interviewed Warrick Scott just now and I'll be at the premiere to interview the two brothers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
saw it tonight. i think its easily better than 2 and almost as good as the original. there are some serious moments and i think i enjoyed those the best, halfway through the movie you can see where this is going to end. still it was a satisfying movie even though this is still my least favorite franchise of films in pixar's studios. they need to stop making them though because too many actors from the original have now died and their voice replacements suck.

Siliconemelons

I thought 1 was boring and was such a ham fisted narrative and message that just lasted too damn long.

2 was a complete U-turn into dumb-town and attempted to fix things with the complete wrong method.

However with that, I have heard nothing but good about 3...

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Both my kids love Cars and I have never really cared for any of them. The 3rd is probably the best story of the 3 but honestly just don't care enough for the series. If it wasn't for my kids, I probably wouldn't watch them at all. This all coming from a Disney fan boy....

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
From the initial trailers, I thought this movie was going to have a sad undertone. It was pretty harsh seeing the crash happen like that as well as the movie. It really gave the impression that the movie would be about McQueen getting repaired and working hard to get out of his own way to become a race victor again. Yet that wasn't the tone of the movie at all. At least not dark at all. It was uplifting, and even the crash didn't come off as devastating in the movie the way it looked in the trailer. It was more of an "ok, that just happened" kind of scene to help progress the story.

Siliconemelons

From the initial trailers, I thought this movie was going to have a sad undertone. It was pretty harsh seeing the crash happen like that as well as the movie. It really gave the impression that the movie would be about McQueen getting repaired and working hard to get out of his own way to become a race victor again. Yet that wasn't the tone of the movie at all. At least not dark at all. It was uplifting, and even the crash didn't come off as devastating in the movie the way it looked in the trailer. It was more of an "ok, that just happened" kind of scene to help progress the story.

I think it was, as stated, actually more harsh in the trailers - the movie is still a kids movie, if there was not a quick jump to him being repaired and okay- I think it would have been a little much for kids.

But! saw it yesterday, was great- a lot better than 1 or 2. Kids first time to the movies, and they behaved so that was good :) Brought the grandparents along, my dad actually liked it- and kept talking about all the models of the old cars- and particularity liked inclusion that the first racers where moonshiners as that is true :)

As for visuals, damn - the entire movie was Pixar showing off. Any time it was just scenery or "real" looking vehicles in it / at a distance it looked real- such as the trailer truck only scenes. They even managed to make the desert look good - that was something I did not like in the first, was so blah.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database