Central PA, moving there.

Roxon

Molten Core Raider
So I've been here a week...based in Gettysburg for the time being but looking to buy a house somewhere that's NOT in Gettysburg. So far, I've hit just about every bar and restaurant in the downtown area.

What else is there to do around here? Any of you familiar with this general area have any suggestions on where I should look at with regards to buying a house? (Probably in the 300-350k range). For reference, my new job is IN Gettysburg so I'm not looking to move too far away from town; hopefully within 30-40 minutes commute.

Thanks!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
When it comes to Central PA, unfortunately there really isn't much to do. Gettysburg is the biggest draw. You could also go to where flight 900 went down during 9/11. I think they built a museum for it.

I'd suggest visiting the Dunkin' Donuts, but it closed.

I heard that story on O&J. It was funny.

Last edited:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
might as well just kill yourself and get it over with.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
might as well just kill yourself and get it over with.

Oh it's not that bad Keg, He could take up Meth as a hobby.

Seriously though, I'm jealous my dream is to retire to bumblefuck nowhere where I can live alone and eventually die in some sort of venomous snake related mishap.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Roxon

Molten Core Raider
I went to the Gettysburg Beer Festival yesterday up on Seminary Hill. Wasn't too bad, ended up meeting some semi-cool folks. Seems like there's not much around here except the Amish, lots of confederate flags, and a Make America Great Again sign in nearly every yard.

I'm not going to kill myself just yet. Winter is coming, though.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So I've been here a week...based in Gettysburg for the time being but looking to buy a house somewhere that's NOT in Gettysburg. So far, I've hit just about every bar and restaurant in the downtown area.

What else is there to do around here? Any of you familiar with this general area have any suggestions on where I should look at with regards to buying a house? (Probably in the 300-350k range). For reference, my new job is IN Gettysburg so I'm not looking to move too far away from town; hopefully within 30-40 minutes commute.

Thanks!

I have lived in central PA for about 15 yrs now, as far as Adams county I like the NW part of the county that sits along the state forest, but you are then further from amenities. You can go a little further North and South just make sure you stay within a few miles of 15. The Carlisle area is nice but it may a little too far.

If you live along the MD border housing prices are higher but makes accessing baltimore area a lot easier, many of the people living along the PA side of the mason dixen work in MD.

There are some communities that have a high % of hispanic immigrants because Adams county is a pretty big Apple Orchard area.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user