Chicago (Fire, PD, Med, Justice)

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I can't be the only one watching any of these shows. I think Fire is a seriously amazing Drama, PD and Med are passable TV but nothing crazy. Justice looks like it could be interesting

Fire really nails the feels though, it's just a damn good show that gets you really attached to the characters.

They do a few crossovers a season it seems like. They just had one that was Fire/PD/Justice (though you see a lot of Med too, but it didn't have an episode for it) and it's some pretty crazy shit. It was based on the Oakland Warehouse fire last year that killed 36 people.

Chicago Fire (TV Series 2012– ) - IMDb

Chicago P.D. (TV Series 2014– ) - IMDb

Chicago Med (TV Series 2015– ) - IMDb

Chicago Justice (TV Series 2017– ) - IMDb

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't be the only one watching any of these shows. I think Fire is a seriously amazing Drama, PD and Med are passable TV but nothing crazy. Justice looks like it could be interesting

Fire really nails the feels though, it's just a damn good show that gets you really attached to the characters.

They do a few crossovers a season it seems like. They just had one that was Fire/PD/Justice (though you see a lot of Med too, but it didn't have an episode for it) and it's some pretty crazy shit. It was based on the Oakland Warehouse fire last year that killed 36 people.

Chicago Fire (TV Series 2012– ) - IMDb

Chicago P.D. (TV Series 2014– ) - IMDb

Chicago Med (TV Series 2015– ) - IMDb

Chicago Justice (TV Series 2017– ) - IMDb
Riiiise.

Chicago Med is pretty retarded. Haven't tried any of the other shows yet (Fire is the one I wanted to watch) but Med is at times one of the dumbest hospital dramas I've ever seen. I understand that part of the point of hospital dramas is that the doctors will play hard and fast with the rules for the sake of making the show interesting, but even as a layman the frequency that I see things that would get a doctor fired and/or stripped of their license is getting pretty ridiculous. I'm on Season 5 and one of the main characters who has been around from season 1 has this habit of ignoring advanced directives and/or treating patients against their will or against the will of whoever has the decision making authority. They just did it again in the most absurd way yet and I'm guessing it will finally result in a punishment even though the doctor should be in jail at this point. Characters demonstrating zero growth over 5 seasons is just shit awful writing.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
5 years no responses, Gavin comes in hot!

I really only watch Fire still, which is one of the few TV shows I look forward to on a regular basis. I gave up on Med after like 1.5 seasons, never really watched PD, and Justice got cancelled after 1 season.

I think with Med they just missed something to make it compelling, especially when there have been so many good Medical shows over the years (House still the greatest).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
5 years no responses, Gavin comes in hot!
I gotta bitch about Med to somebody, but apparently not you because you only watch Fire. Quite frankly I'm astonished that Justice only got a single season (I assume that was Chicago based FBI?) but Med is still going strong with such consistently bad and repetitive writing. They go back to the well of the right to refuse treatment over and over and over, like probably a third of the episodes feature it as a prominent part of the episode. They also handle their ongoing storylines really terribly.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I gotta bitch about Med to somebody, but apparently not you because you only watch Fire. Quite frankly I'm astonished that Justice only got a single season (I assume that was Chicago based FBI?) but Med is still going strong with such consistently bad and repetitive writing. They go back to the well of the right to refuse treatment over and over and over, like probably a third of the episodes feature it as a prominent part of the episode. They also handle their ongoing storylines really terribly.
I think the refusing of treatment and over the top inter doctor drama was why I stopped watching.

I don't have a good comparison for Justice. It was trying to be both a court show and a cop show (gotta go find more evidence!) at the same time and just kind of failed. I think it had potential, they just tried to do too much.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the refusing of treatment and over the top inter doctor drama was why I stopped watching.
After five years of only occasionally touching down on progressive stuff, the first two episodes of season suddenly swerved into heavy handed race bullshit while also portraying Covid as being so dangerous that they need to rig BSL-4 level containment around the emergency department.

And the one specific character I was bitching about earlier not only didn't get in ANY trouble for assault a patients mother last season, second episode of this season she assaults a cop (shoved him backwards hard into a tray of instruments, not just 'thats technically assault') and not only gets away without punishment yet again but they try to spin it as a product of her being white.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Prior to this season I thought they had a pretty good balance of occasionally bringing in progressive topics without feeling like I was being lectured to, it was thought-provoking. Two episodes in to season 6 and I feel like I'm just straight up watching propaganda.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just finished season 10 of Chicago Fire which ended 2 weeks ago, show is still pretty great. Definitely can hit you right in the feels

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've got youtube tv and I've always just had it record and watched it. I think they probably have it on Peacock. I know you can watch some stuff on it for free, not sure if that's true for these. I'd guess it is, but who the fuck knows with these networks these days.

After looking it up it looks you can watch all of them free on Peacock but you get ads.

Malkav

French Madman
Was in the mood for a new procedural drama so I ended up starting Fire because of you.

Took me some episodes of being bothered by the familiarity of some actors to finally look it up and realise you get Chloe from Lucifer and Chase from House in there.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was in the mood for a new procedural drama so I ended up starting Fire because of you.

Took me some episodes of being bothered by the familiarity of some actors to finally look it up and realise you get Chloe from Lucifer and Chase from House in there.
I recognized Chase immediately but I had to look up Lauren German to realize she was Chloe because she looks so different by the end of Lucifer (either diet or plastic surgery

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I like Chase quite a bit more in this than I did in House

Some of the guys on the show are actually firefighters too iirc, and someone's spouse is their actual spouse but I can't remember who (and they are basically never on screen).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like Chase quite a bit more in this than I did in House

Some of the guys on the show are actually firefighters too iirc, and someone's spouse is their actual spouse but I can't remember who (and they are basically never on screen).
The crossover shows are pretty annoying if you arent watching the whole franchise. Severide does a drunk driving hit and run where he injures two people and not only still has his job but doesn't get in any real trouble at all? Oh right because the resolution to the story happened on Chicago PD.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The crossover shows are pretty annoying if you arent watching the whole franchise. Severide does a drunk driving hit and run where he injures two people and not only still has his job but doesn't get in any real trouble at all? Oh right because the resolution to the story happened on Chicago PD.
I honestly haven't even watched most of the crossover stuff. I don't even know that I remember anything about Severide having a drunk driving thing, so I'm not sure Fire ever even talked about it? I could just be forgetting that storyline though

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I honestly haven't even watched most of the crossover stuff. I don't even know that I remember anything about Severide having a drunk driving thing, so I'm not sure Fire ever even talked about it? I could just be forgetting that storyline though
It turned out to be a frameup according to the brief synopsis of the PD episode.

Malkav

French Madman

Oh man I got to that episode yesterday and almost posted the exact same thing lol. I got bothered a few times before by that stuff. Like there is a 3 part Fire/Med/PD when Hermann gets stabbed...end of the Fire episode, Hermann is basically dying in the hospital, next episode he is fine and coming back to work, I was like WTF?

But the Severide hit&run yesterday almost made me post too.

Stuff is probably fine when you watch all the shows on a weekly basis when they release, but when your binge watching just one you feel like you're missing a lot of stuff when that happens.

Edit : Got another one earlier, which is apparently a 3 part Fire/PD/Justice episode. Huge warehouse fire kills like 40 people and at the end of the Fire episode you get the reveal that it's arson. It's definitely frustrating not getting the conclusion when something that huge happens and you just watch Fire.

Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure that stuff is network driven, as the crossovers likely have the highest ratings since they get 1 time watches from people only watching 1 show. Some of them I still do, if it feels like I need the context of what happens, or I'm watching the next episode and feel like I'm really missing something. I feel like they do okay on if you don't watch the crossover you aren't missing anything super major.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Edit : Got another one earlier, which is apparently a 3 part Fire/PD/Justice episode. Huge warehouse fire kills like 40 people and at the end of the Fire episode you get the reveal that it's arson. It's definitely frustrating not getting the conclusion when something that huge happens and you just watch Fire.

the Chicago PD episode I believe is Emotional Proximity. Season 4 episode 16