Cities: Skylines

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game looks like the toolkit for developing a game rather than a game itself. I hope they polish that up a bit.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I'd bitch about not searching, but the first thread didn't even have any replies to it!

Really looking for to this. Enjoyed Cities in Motion 1, and to a lesser degree 2, but hopefully they're learned from them to do a real simcity game. In any case, doubt they could do worse than EA's piece of shit.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
I'd bitch about not searching, but the first thread didn't even have any replies to it!

Really looking for to this. Enjoyed Cities in Motion 1, and to a lesser degree 2, but hopefully they're learned from them to do a real simcity game. In any case, doubt they could do worse than EA's piece of shit.
problem with CiM2 was how godawful the balance of it was. you could basicaly break the economy without even trying :\

Hope they took a few lessons from that and make a more solid system to support the economy..

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
It being a Paradox game and with my love of EU 4, I think I will get this, but will probably wait for a couple of the inevitable DLCs and balancing patches to come out first. EU4 right out of the gate was pretty rocky with bugs and crashes iirc.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
That does look good, but I didn't like CIM 1 or 2. We'll see. These aren't an in-house Paradox development, they're just publishing it. This one is from Colossal Order, and I assume the others are too.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Watching this video really make me want to play the game now. ><

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
^This is what I had hoped SimCity would have been like : /

Ugh, I still feel dirty for buying it -.-

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm still sworn off of ever giving EA another cent because of the Sim City debacle. Been keeping it up so far, haven't bought a single EA game since then. How long ago was that now, 2 years?

This game looks great, can't wait to try it out.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watching a stream of this and it looks pretty good. If it reviews well after release I'll probably grab it after I clear out some of my gaming queue. Quill18 and Totalbiscuit are streaming this right now.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
10-12 active streamers, with a member of the team bouncing around and skyping with some of them answering questions.

Twitch

Game looks great.

Araxen

Just from watching the live streams today it seems like Paradox got the game right and made a good game. It'll have it's quirks but everything seems to be working especially...TRAFFIC!

faille

Molten Core Raider
Am slightly worried about how like Sim City it is, with the happy faces popping up when you do stuff, and the general grid layout system. It almost feels like they're using the sim city engine and doing it right, which would probably be fine as it is. Hopefully it's just a bag impression I'm getting from the various videos I've seen so far.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Just found out about this right now, after teh abortion SimCity was, I NEED this to fill the hole in my life. Can't fucking wait!

Araxen

Interesting article about traffic and congestion.Whats Up With That: Building Bigger Roads Actually Makes Traffic Worse | WIRED

rrr_img_91950.jpg

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Might have to buy this. Watching stream , it seems to be much better then sim city. Hell I saw the guy buy the adjacent land to his current land, just so he could extend the road a bit, but it gives him a much bigger parcel. Instead of like sim city where you could build on multiple parcels, but it was pretty much different cities connected by a highway.

Will have to watch a bit more and see how the later stages of the game goes.

But for only $30, I think I am sold already.

There is a lot of Simy City "like" type things here, ie game tools, layouts, build tools etc. Not sure if this is just the direction this genre went, so its a "Base" or what.

Araxen

It's up for presale at GMG for $21.89 under the VIP deals tab.