Cities: Skylines

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That's 22+ fewer dollars than it's worth, if you like the genre at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Id say yes. never got the winter dlc.
Lots of good mod support.

Natural disaster DLC came out today.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Missed this trailer for the new Mass Transit expansion pack.

I suspect another few hundred hours spent with this game when this comes out:

Pops

I like these games. Another Steam sale that I will never get around to playing. So many DLC's and deals, any you all really like?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I like these games. Another Steam sale that I will never get around to playing. So many DLC's and deals, any you all really like?

If you like city building games, I have to say, this is probably the best one I've played--ever. I was big into sim city. Being able to track individual sims is amazing, and everything is extremely functional (Works how you expect it too).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Does anything "happen" in this game though? Even the videos on the natural disaster add-on seemed to imply you had to trigger them. I mean, I get it's not dwarf fortress but the fun was always having problems but figuring out that not improving the road to the airport was cutting your growth and tax revenue and was way more important than the crime problem in a nearby neighborhood or things like that. I've been meaning to pick this up eventually but I thought I read this is more city layout simulator not really sim city where you had the "game" component of scarcity, time and rng.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Well if you're on to making pretty stuff, road and prop anarchy mods are good.

Otherwise traffic president to do traffic fixes.

I generally play city Sims for the latter: make it big enough to have traffic problems, then fix them

Caliane

Does anything "happen" in this game though? Even the videos on the natural disaster add-on seemed to imply you had to trigger them. I mean, I get it's not dwarf fortress but the fun was always having problems but figuring out that not improving the road to the airport was cutting your growth and tax revenue and was way more important than the crime problem in a nearby neighborhood or things like that. I've been meaning to pick this up eventually but I thought I read this is more city layout simulator not really sim city where you had the "game" component of scarcity, time and rng.
yeah, its very pretty. and the best city sim on the market. But, also, not very challenging, and the actual sim/management elements are pretty barebones. Traffic is the only real important element. and it also needs some mods to make it decent.

I am not up to date on all the dlc.

alot of that is entirely too opt in. Like someone asked if the disasters are on call, or random. (I think they ARE random...) but like the winter dlc... winter is only on winter maps. and its ALWAYS winter on them..

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is a pretty cool video. This guy is a real town planner and made a city in the game. He explains why he setup his city the way he did.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If you like city building games, I have to say, this is probably the best one I've played--ever. I was big into sim city. Being able to track individual sims is amazing, and everything is extremely functional (Works how you expect it too).

Best city building game hands down. Great great devs too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
has this game gotten any better at doing urban blight/decay? when I play these games I prefer to build giant ghettos and that didn't seem to be possible to do the last time i played this.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
has this game gotten any better at doing urban blight/decay? when I play these games I prefer to build giant ghettos and that didn't seem to be possible to do the last time i played this.
It's moddable. You could probably make a BLM mod that just randomly burns down their own neighborhoods and kills the cops that try to come help them.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users