Clash Royale

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Anyone playing this? Never played clash of clans, but this game is so simple yet addicting. Like a game of poker/chess where its about 80% skill and 20% luck. I only wish they implemented a way to see at least 1 or 2 of the opponent's cards before choosing your deck. Some battles are terribly mismatched. The trophy system is great for working your way up the skill, ladder, and even though there is a slight p2w vibe, i haven't paid a cent for gems or gold and am sitting on the cusp of Arena 4.

I dont know how long I'll keep playing, but is definitely worth an install and a few free hours of enjoyment.

Anyone else playing?????

Edit: posting from my phone sucks.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have been playing since it was in beta. I am rank 8 and I hover between 1600-1700 and have some decent cards leveled up to 8 for commons, all 4 or above for rare, and all at 2 for epic. I am 100% f2p.

The one thing I hate the most is lightning towers because everyone is using them now, they are just a mini tower to distract your cards. You absolutely have to have a counter for it and no one car should dominate the meta that much.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Early arenas its funny when someone plinks down a goblin hut and i just ignore it to rape em from the other side. Im not that good yet tho, no beta experience and constantly making rookie mistakes

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've started playing this about a week ago. Got up to arena 3 so far. I'm in a clan just starting out called Just Choose if you want some company.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Agreed.....unless they release an assload of new cards with new strats i dont know how much longer I'll be playing. They did something right, tho,since every time i lose i wanna play again..........HAHHA

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
whats the deal with the chests? if i have 4 silvers i have to wait 3 hours or pay to open, so there is then no incentive to play when you are full on chests?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
whats the deal with the chests? if i have 4 silvers i have to wait 3 hours or pay to open, so there is then no incentive to play when you are full on chests?
Or log on multiple times a day.

It is designed for you to play a little, have chests opening, log back in and repeat. Everyone just gets their ten crowns though in one sitting.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yea im basically doing the daily crown challenge every day and probably gonna intentionally lose down to arena 2 so i can get a lot of the epics i missed. My max trophies is somewhere around 1325 but i am missing pretty good cards like Witch / Prince / Balloon. Hit a wall in terms of my skill level and i lose a lot to those offending cards....would be nice to have more options in terms of deck variety......while i get my reaction time/elixir management better as well.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yea im basically doing the daily crown challenge every day and probably gonna intentionally lose down to arena 2 so i can get a lot of the epics i missed. My max trophies is somewhere around 1325 but i am missing pretty good cards like Witch / Prince / Balloon. Hit a wall in terms of my skill level and i lose a lot to those offending cards....would be nice to have more options in terms of deck variety......while i get my reaction time/elixir management better as well.
You get those epics from any chest that level or higher, same with all cards. You don't need to be at that rank to get them.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I know but theres a less chance ill get the one i need as there's much more possible epics that can show up in later arena chests

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
How much cash do you need to invest in this to play competitively?

Also is this game fun to watch others play? If someone was streaming this on Twitch would it actually get views?

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
I have a clan with a decent number of friends in it - feel free to join.

Clan: Hogan's Heroes
Clan Tag: #CQ9UU2

Just lowered trophy requirement in case some of you are new and want in.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I've been playing since it was released on Android in the US. I'm enjoying it more than I suspected I would, especially because I am still unsure of what to load up my decks with / because I always seem to get the cards I DONT use...

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider

I joined up earlier. Game name is Xeoo.

If I'm ranked too low feel free to boot me. I'm just browsing reddit to learn the card abilities and figuring this all out.

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
No reason to boot - at least not yet. Right now, clans only provide a way to build decks easier so the more the merrier. Presumably there will be more mechanics added soon, but we have 20 in the clan and there is room for 50.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I started playing a few days ago and I don't really play mobile games. Fun game.

Clan is invite only. Username is draegan.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>

Tried to join but it's invite only.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I finally pushed to 2k, every time I got to one more win it would pair me with someone just leaving legendary it felt like.