Colony

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
7WbN38dgcAqecCNhfKY9Fxan45r.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Colony[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-01-14[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]In the near future a family must make difficult decisions as they balance staying together with trying to survive. They live in Los Angeles, which has been occupied by a force of outside intruders. While some people have chosen to collaborate with the authorities and benefit from the new order, others have rebelled — and suffer the consequences.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Trailer:http://bcove.me/0lgg0sjj

More info:http://www.quietearth.us/articles/20...Filled-Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ok I looked at this thread because I saw the title and thought it was another of those great disaster series on Discovery Channel. I was disappoint. However i watched the trailer and it looks ok, except for the glaring fact that starving people, even homicidal cannibals just aren't that active, trying to conserve energy. If that doesn't draw me out of the movie then I guess it could be good.

Goatface

fairly certain it is slightly cropped, but rips are out for this.

thought it was ok, could have been better

spronk

FPS noob
hmmm

want to believe but nah its gonna suck and just meander without going anywhere

sawyer doesn't look like he's aged a day though

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
An Iraq allegory. Might be good, it's going to depend if they make the Aliens, or whatever the occupying force is, sympathetic. If they are simply fascists who kill and brutalize, meh. If, however, you have aliens that are doing things like curing cancer, offering universal advanced health care, and education and slowly introducing helpful "quality of life" technologyBUTalso require strict controls to "help" the "violent and primitive" citizens, which brutalizes them and disrupts their lives, and often blocks basic necessities or disrupts them (Even if overall they are trying to provide more)?ThenI think it will be compelling. That is the aspect most of these stories miss, I think...there should be good and logical reasons to both side with the occupiers AND fight them. That makes good drama...in most shows though it shows occupiers as simply evil. (Which while many occupations in history were that, many were not, some were beneficial, some were a mixed bag that became beneficial later ect.)

Any case, I have a feeling the premise won't be much beyond what was in the trailer. Aliens suck, everything they do sucks, and they offer humanity nothing but brutality--and the only choice is helping just to get a reprieve from the brutality. Meh.

khalid

Unelected Mod
If, however, you have aliens that are doing things like curing cancer, offering universal advanced health care, and education and slowly introducing helpful "quality of life" technologyBUTare also required strict controls to "help" the citizens, which brutalizes them and disrupts their lives, and often blocks basic necessities or disrupts them (Even if overall they are trying to provide more)?ThenI think it will be compelling. That is the aspect most of these stories miss, I think...there should be good and logical reasons to both side with the occupiers AND fight them. That makes good drama...in most shows though it shows occupiers as simply evil. (Which while many occupations in history were that, many were not, some were beneficial, some were a mixed bag that became beneficial later ect.)

Any case, I have a feeling the premise won't be much beyond what was in the trailer. Aliens suck, everything they do sucks, and they offer humanity nothing but brutality--and the only choice is helping just to get a reprieve from the brutality. Meh.
Agreed, if aliens are just brutal or needlessly cruel, it will be a lot less interesting.

spronk

FPS noob
the twist is probably no aliens, just other peoplez with better tech. the whole "no one has ever seen an alien" is pointing that way too much

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'll still watch it. I enjoyed his last failure show, Intelligence, well enough. Although admittedly I was much more interested in watching Meghan Ory. God she's hot.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn.. Thought this was the show that Discovery used to have. I loved that show!

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully it doesn't turn into another "oh god I hope they kill Lori this week" series.
Just hoping all the scifi series coming out lately all do well, we need more of them.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I want this to be good but you guys are probably right about the aliens being one dimensional things for the audience to hate. I'll give it a try.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
The first episode was just ok for me.

There was enough for me to watch episode 2, but I am not sold on this as yet. It is all a bit one dimensional.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Anyone bothering with this? Can't really find anything interesting enough to hook me in. All it really does is remind me that I need to sit down and watch the Man in the High Castle.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Kind of bad so far.

Ms. Bowman is constantly butting heads with boring generic bad guys. Never hesitates to conspicuously ride her bike up the street during alien robot death patrol curfew. Visibly stays in contact with terrorists, day and night. Full plot armor, full retard.